• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winds have finally died down here after about 4 days, not too hot out tonight, only about 101F, decided to light up a 5 Vegas Classic that was hiding in my humidor. Nothing truly special but I can understand why these appear to be such a poplar brand. A creamy rather thick smoke, smooth, doesn't burn, I can taste some hints of an earthy flavor and leather. At a mere 3-4$ a stick, I can see myself purchasing more of these in the near future.

Obsidian (5.5x52, if I had to guess)

This is the second one I've smoked. The first one I had several weeks ago left me supremely underwhelmed. My initial impression was... nothing. I didn't taste a thing. I can't really explain it. It's like there wasn't even the tobacco taste. It was just... nothing. Tasteless. Today's smoke was much the same. Some good I can say for it, is that it burned straight and smoothly the entire stick. Nice draw. No touch ups or re-lights needed at all. It had a firm and tight ash that would not drop on its own. It smoked like nobody's business, even when sitting for a minute while I ran inside. Lots of thick smoke. Always good. I wish it had some flavor to it. If it had ANY sort of decided flavor, I'd love to hit this up again. However, not much changed from my initial impression. It had all the qualities of a great smoke, except for any semblance of flavor and taste. Sadly disappointed. I wanted to like this.

I can see this being "blown out" by CI in another year or so. I've got three left. We'll see what they bring.

Had another Padron Londres Maduro a couple of days ago, I think I might enjoy them more than the 2000s. It still made me want to do a comparison smoke between it and a Tat Petite Caz. I'm finding I'm buying more sticks than I have time to sample :)

There's an MK at my desk that's been here over a week which I keep planning to smoke at lunch one day. I might have to give that a try today.

I have tonight to myself so I think I'll fire up a Monte #4 and break open my new bottle of 4 Roses Small Batch...

Padron 2000

This was the third Padron 2000 I've had, and I guess the planets and stars aligned today, because I GET IT. I finally experienced why everyone raves about these cigars. I see a box of these coming soon.

I went with a San Cristobal Papagayo last night. It was a good cigar, despite the fact that the draw was a litlle tight. It loosend up in the last third.

Currently dry boxing a EP Carrillo New Wave for tonight and hoping to find time to sample the La Palina Babe.

Tonight I had a Perdomo Habano Maduro which was certainly full-flavored as specified, found it to be a little on the spicy side but overall a fairly excellent smoke.

I'm enjoying a Padron 1926 #35 maduro right now. It is smoking beautifully, another quality smoke from padron.

Had another Padron Londres Maduro a couple of days ago, I think I might enjoy them more than the 2000s.
I came to the same conclusion but the 2000 maddie is still a great cigar. I just like the spicier flavor of the Londres.

I smoked a 2000 maddie today, in fact.

Also, found time for an '08 SCDLH EP.

Trusty standby Puros Indios Reserva Maxima '03

For times when I just want to sit down and know what I'm going to get out of it.

Had another Padron Londres Maduro a couple of days ago, I think I might enjoy them more than the 2000s.
I came to the same conclusion but the 2000 maddie is still a great cigar. I just like the spicier flavor of the Londres.

I smoked a 2000 maddie today, in fact.

Also, found time for an '08 SCDLH EP.
I like them both and have both in the humidor along with naturals(which I haven't tried yet). I'm definitely buying a box of one of these, I've just got narrow down which I like best... and/or build a coolidor, which I'm debating.

Last night I sat down with the Monte and had a little trouble enjoying it. It burned really unevenly, touchups didn't seem to help. Still was a good cigar. Followed it up with the worst I've tried since I recently started cigars.
"The Brick". The first third was almost flavorless, it was very mild throughout(to my palate) and dry. At best fair. And for $2.99 I guess I got what I paid for. I'll listen to rec's from here or actual tobacconists from now. Only smoked about 2/3rds and ditched it.
Finished with a locally rolled stick that was really pretty good, at least compared to what I just had.

Thursday night might become my stogie night.

Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro box-pressed, A bit strong on the spicy taste from the start, smooths out as the cigar burns. Nice loose draw with a moderately thick smoke, not overpowering at all, well balanced. I think I'll put this one in the books for later :thumbs:

Cohiba Secretos Maduro V

Great tasting little cigar, but it is entirely unenjoyable because it is like putting your finger on one end of a straw, then sucking it until the vacuum stops any airflow. I've had several of these, and I think it's the tightest draw, yet. Anyone know how to fix this problem? Ruining an otherwise great cigar.

Really enjoying an Illusione f9 right now. Fantastic flavor!

Last night I tried my first Opus, a Perfection X. Ended up disappointed. I looked so forward to trying the brand due to the reviews and comments here. Wanted to make sure I tackled it with a full stomach, so perhaps I over did it. I paired it with a Back In Black IPA that was the highlight of the experience. I have another in the humi, so we'll give it another go later. I'm sure it was just a bad stick and the next one will be awesome!

*Edit for grammar/spelling.

A Lost City robo, it was good, but the burn went uneven and I had to keep tending to it. Pitched it just after the band came off because it went south taste wise.

A Cruzado Dantes. I've heard a lot of people say they're awful, and a lot of people say they're great. I'm inclined to agree with the latter group. I really am an Illusione whore.

Bobalu Nic Super Fuerte, been meaning to smoke it as its the last of a sampler I bought awhile ago. It was good, and consistent with the others I've tried.

Haven't smoked anything today, I still can't decide want I want. I did smoke a 2010 Boli PC the other day and damn it was good. 2010 is a damn good year for CC's

I just smoked an Illusione 68, and that tiny guy kicked my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.