• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
smoking a Tat Verocu No. 1 right now. I picked it up in a sampler from jake. Very nice smoke. Was worried in the first inch and half of the smoke that i would not like it but it really settled down into a very nice smoke.

I sat on the patio this evening, listened to the Royals game, and enjoyed a Camacho Diploma Maduro.

The past few days of cigars have been uneventful, and outright disappointing at times. Had a my first Tat, didn't get all the way through it, same trouble with a Hemmingway Rothschild. Maybe my palate was effed up from allergies? Who knows. Turned back to basics this morning with a Cuaba Divino (hit the spot), and now I'm an inch into a Magnum 46. There seems like some killer flavors there, but the draw is puckering my cheeks, and I can't get it to loosen. I feel something about 2 inches from the head, but can't get past it. This one seems like its worth fighting for, so we'll see how it turns out.

For what I've tasted so far in the Magnum, its pairing nicely with a glass of 1792.

ok second cigar of the night... Thanks again Jake... Cruzado Cigar. I loved this cigar from the first light until i nubbed it .... really need to find this cigar at a good deal. I say good deal because well my new humidor is almost full and well need a good deal to justify figuring out a way to fit them into my humidor aka getting rid of a box worth of other cigars.

I enjoyed my first Tatuaje Cojonu 2003 tonight that was great. It was pretty tame at first but it really impressed me in the last 1/3 of the cigar.

Smoking my first Opus tonight Thanks to a sampler by satchmo. I am not sure which one it is other than it is about 4.5 inches long . Wow now i know what the big deal is. This short MF'er is full of flavor and quite a lovely smoke with none of the discarding the first inch of the smoke. Ohhh great now i gotta find a suplier of these outside of California (tobacco taxes suck) of these lovely sticks. I do not know wether to thank you or curse you now satchmo!

Kristoff Maduro - it was pretty decent, but to me it seemed a little bland. At least I enjoyed it which catching up with an old friend.

Smoking a 1968 Padilla Lancero tonight. Will follow that with a Miami Padilla Lancero later.

Lit up a Tatuaje SW Maduro. Wonderful smoke. I may even need to get more.

Hoyo de Tradicion. I had always wanted to try these, finally decided to and I am wishing I had sooner, that was a great cigar!

I almost smoke a AF Cuban Belicoso last night. But my luck the wind decided to blow over 30mph non-stop so that killed the chance for me to smoke last night. I still want to smoke a cigar today. Even if the Doctor's haven't given me the clearance to do so. Oh this sucks bad. :(

Edited: I snapped finally and have to have it. I can say my reviews from now on, will be a little different. Possibly a little more accurate. I can not wait to smoke a Opus in July. :D

Another beautiful day here in KC. I did a bunch of yard work then rewarded myself with a LGC Wavell Maduro and a Cusano Habano Sungrown Robusto.

Long week, rough day at work -- the doctor's prescription was skip the TV, sit outside and smoke with a glass of Buffalo Trace. So who am I to argue?

Just finishing up a Cubao #4 and I am seriously sold on this line. I've had some lanceros that I was so-so about (and I love lanceros), but the robusto is definitely a home run.

Now considering following it up with more Buffalo Trace and a Padilla Miami lancero.

I finally smoked my first Monte #2 (the real kind ;)). I've smoked 1's and 3's before and am a big Monte fan. I can really see why everyone raves about this cigar. Despite being very young (Sept 08) it smoked very well. The draw was a bit tight, but not too bad. The first third was smooth and sweet. I tasted hits of carmel and chocolate. By about the third good draw the Monte spice hit the back of my throat. "There it is!" I thought to myself. The second third I tasted some earthy almost grassy notes which I attributed mostly to it's youth. I've tasted the earth and wood before, but the level of the grassy notes were much higher in this cigar than other Montecristos I've smoked in the past. A nice tobacco flavor added to the enjoyment in the rest of the cigar. It picked up in strength to the end. I would say this finished just above a medium strength.

I really can't wait until these have some more age on them. I think they will be even better, I definitely tasted the potental for increased quality with some age.

Oliva Serie V Lancero this afternoon. Not a horrible smoke, but not compelled to buy it again. Overall a nutty, cedery, slightly spicy smoke.

Today I've had a Johnny-O! robusto, a Davidoff Millenium robusto, and a Paul Garmirian robusto. Now I'm off to enjoy a GOF Don Carlos...

Status
Not open for further replies.