• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoked some good cigars while watching Eagles with some friends.

1st half - CoRo
Victory Cigar - Oliva MSIII Robusto

The CoRos are putting out some nice flavor now. Young but very tasty.

I've been up since yesterday so I decided to go with a Bolivar Petit Belicoso and a Cafe Mocha. The cigar was spectacular. :thumbs:

This weekend I managed to find the time to smoke a NUb Maduro, Cubao No. 5 and a Bolivar Corona Extra (POS FEB 07).

I also smoked a Monte EL from 2004. Pretty tasty cigar and if I can't sleep again tonight, I may fire up the Siglo VI. :D

I had to get some studying done last night for my upcoming cert exam, so I paired a glass of Laguvalin 16 with an '02 RA 898. Damn fine way to end the evening.

Had my first WOAM today. Walked back into the humidor and bought the rest of the box :D

Smoking a Tatuaje Pork Tenderloin that is peppery and strong and I'm only to the halfway point. Great tastes but this one needs some age. I'll revisit in a year or so.

Me and another friend are smoking some Illusione MK's and later I hope to smoke a RASS if the alarms would give us a break.

Love those MKs!

Smoking an Opus X Reserva D' Chateau tonight. I'm having trouble getting on the Opus bandwagon. I've only had one that wowed me, a Power Ranger, but the rest have just been mediocre. Halfway through this one and the flavor is just so-so.

Edit: I don't know if the cigar just started picking up, or if it is the Hendrick's on the rocks, but the cigar is phenomenal right now!

Another night without being able to sleep so the tally is over 36 hours with no rest. So I played my one online browser game while sitting outside on the porch smoking a Cohiba Siglo VI. A beautiful night and cigar to keep me company. :thumbs:

I smoked a WOAM Sunday night and a Hemi Signature SG last night. Both great cigars.

Love those MKs!

Smoking an Opus X Reserva D' Chateau tonight. I'm having trouble getting on the Opus bandwagon. I've only had one that wowed me, a Power Ranger, but the rest have just been mediocre. Halfway through this one and the flavor is just so-so.

Edit: I don't know if the cigar just started picking up, or if it is the Hendrick's on the rocks, but the cigar is phenomenal right now!
I'm not a big OpusX fan but, as with many blends I tend to enjoy the smaller ones more. The best one I ever had was a #5 with a couple years. I've tried a number of big ones and found them pretty mild flavor wise. A good smoke but not a great and not worth the dime, IMO.

I still haven't tried the Petite Lancero but you may want to try that one. Many love it.

I smoked a couple small ones lately. I had one of my last few '08 PLPCs last night and a 601 Oscuro Corona this morning. Both flavor bombs.

Had a Padilla Miami churchill, it was actually not that great, and then about 1/3 through, I noticed that the wrapper was tearing or "bursting" apart nearest the burn about 1/4 of the length of the cigar. The taste was a little bitter, and the draw was kind of moist, and I could tell something was wrong from the start because the ash kept falling off at 3/4 of an inch. Had to dump it and picked up a Montecristo #2 torpedo. I think it was dry boxed for about 5 days, great burn and it cleared my mouth of that bad taste. I was really sad about that miami.

I actually have a couple of questions about that "bursting" phenomenon, anyone know if it's due to over-humidification? It was raining and my humidor was a little on the high end (~74% RH)

Had a Padilla Miami churchill, it was actually not that great, and then about 1/3 through, I noticed that the wrapper was tearing or "bursting" apart nearest the burn about 1/4 of the length of the cigar. The taste was a little bitter, and the draw was kind of moist, and I could tell something was wrong from the start because the ash kept falling off at 3/4 of an inch. Had to dump it and picked up a Montecristo #2 torpedo. I think it was dry boxed for about 5 days, great burn and it cleared my mouth of that bad taste. I was really sad about that miami.

I actually have a couple of questions about that "bursting" phenomenon, anyone know if it's due to over-humidification? It was raining and my humidor was a little on the high end (~74% RH)
"Bursting" occurs when the inside of a cigar is more saturated than the outside. When you light it, the inside expands much more than the outside. Hence, BOOM! :0

I've also seen cigars crack open from the RH rising too high, too quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.