• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoying a Puff N Stuff MFLB right now at 2300 out on the balcony. Is summer finally here?!

I am really noticing the flavorful hints in this cigar tonight. Love it!

Tried a Mooch at lunch. A fair smoke but it didn't want to burn evenly and doesn't compare nearly as well to other sticks in the same price range.

I had a LFD cabinet oscuro L-400 from La Flor Dominicana, and a nice Woodford Reserve Masters Collection Maple Finish. And I have to say that I think this may be repeated!!!

A Bolivar Petit Libertador,in a Paris cafe. :) PS it's 9:15pm. A great cigar paired with the perfect dinner.

Went to a stand by smoke early this evening for a "quickie". A/F Hemi Short Story - current release, straight out of the box. This little beauty is really great !

Oliva Master Blend III

Very interesting cigar. Not bad at all, but it had faint tastes of a very weak or diluted Acid Kuba Kuba.

What's your take on this one, Gavin? It was an enjoyable smoke, but the Acid reflections surprised me. Is that the norm for this stick, or was it sharing a humidor or something? Not complaining, just trying to figure out what I was tasting.

Oliva Master Blend III

Very interesting cigar. Not bad at all, but it had faint tastes of a very weak or diluted Acid Kuba Kuba.

What's your take on this one, Gavin? It was an enjoyable smoke, but the Acid reflections surprised me. Is that the norm for this stick, or was it sharing a humidor or something? Not complaining, just trying to figure out what I was tasting.
Definitely no flavor contamination.
What I think you might be picking up is what I interpret as a licorice/anise taste to the MB3, which I think it shares with a few other cigars. Souldog introduced me to MB3's a while back and I ended up grabbing a box from Isy. I'm glad it was at least tolerable. I did smoke a Kuba Kuba once and found it to be the foulest thing I'd ever tasted.

Alec Bradley Tempus

alec-bradley-tempus-terra-nova-cigars-5-x-50-box-of-20-abtrnv5x50.jpg

I had read that these were a terrific smoke... I've buying samplers from various online retailers and I got 2 of these.. this was my first one... Not a bad smoke, and at the right price it could easily be considered a nice value or daily cigar. Its got some spice (which I like), I'd say its a solid medium bodied cigar. I wouldn't pay $10 for a stick (YMMV), but I bought a 6 cigar sampler for $16 shipped from somewhere... 2 of these, 2 vudu and 2 murcielago - all short, robusto sized... so it was a good chance to try them.

This a decent cigar - I think I've seen them locally for around $8-$10/ea at B&M.

Oliva Master Blend III

Definitely no flavor contamination.
What I think you might be picking up is what I interpret as a licorice/anise taste to the MB3, which I think it shares with a few other cigars. Souldog introduced me to MB3's a while back and I ended up grabbing a box from Isy. I'm glad it was at least tolerable. I did smoke a Kuba Kuba once and found it to be the foulest thing I'd ever tasted.

Interesting. Good to know. I did actually enjoy the cigar. It went on my list of cigars to get more of. I share your sentiment on the Kuba Kuba. I had one given to me, and it lasted all of about ten minutes. Would have tossed it sooner, but I wanted to at least be able to the guy who gave it to me that I gave it a fair shake and appreciated his generosity.

Smoked an '08 CoRo tonight...mmm
Yum! :thumbs:

I smoked the last illusione 88 from our Oct split, Alan! My favorite robusto will be missed. But I think I'll try a box of MKs next.

Also enjoyed a PLPC.

Steve

Smoked an '08 CoRo tonight...mmm
Yum! :thumbs:

I smoked the last illusione 88 from our Oct split, Alan! My favorite robusto will be missed. But I think I'll try a box of MKs next.

Also enjoyed a PLPC.

Steve

I think I have a few of the 88s left, but I have a box of MJ12's waiting to back them up :D

PLPC is a fine smoke too...so I would say you had a good day!

Pinar Del Rio, Habano, sun grown. Not the most flavorful cigar I've had but finished pretty strong.

Smoked my first Tat in a while, 7th Capa Especial. For being just over a month old (rolled in June), this cigar is really, really good. I read a lot of reviews prior to smoking it, and must say that they were accurate. A lot of graham cracker, thick, chewy smoke, and a perfect draw. Although I usually try to avoid cigar politics, I really wish that these weren't exclusively made for a particular vendor.

Getting quite a nicotine buzz even though I smoked this on a full stomach. It definitely packs a punch with all that flavor.

I smoked a Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure #1 that I picked up a few years back on my honeymoon. It had suffered a good bit of damage to the wrapper over the course of that trip, and I was worried that it wasn't smokeable, but boy was I wrong! Great cigar, despite the abuse!

NC Cohiba. Maybe a 5x46 or so, not sure exactly. Not bad, not great.

Smoked my first Tat in a while, 7th Capa Especial. For being just over a month old (rolled in June), this cigar is really, really good. I read a lot of reviews prior to smoking it, and must say that they were accurate. A lot of graham cracker, thick, chewy smoke, and a perfect draw. Although I usually try to avoid cigar politics, I really wish that these weren't exclusively made for a particular vendor.
Tat 7th capa especial aren't exclusive to a store.

Sitting down with an old stand by tonight, Padron 64 Series natural, love these sticks. Also yes, the 7th cappa is not exclusive to anyone, I have had quite a few from a number of different B&M's and they were all wonderful.

Gran Habano #5, and I really liked this one. More flavor and spice than I'm used too, but very good. Nice learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.