• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Too hot for Cigars?

brownnation

Maybe I'm getting soft here, but I went out to golf some and I brought 3 cigars to smoke. I only ended up smoking one because it was 93 degrees and the sun was beating down on me. Now, in my defense I was walking the course, I probably would have smoked the other two if I'd gotten a cart.

Anyone else have a temperature limit for smoking a cigar outside?

Brown

I've smoked in temperatures higher than a 100, but the cigars just didn't taste the same.

I had the opprotunity to play golf on Saturday and it was 98 and I was only able to enjoy one cigar for the nine holes we played. Anything over 90 just doesn't do it for me and cigars.

Been smoking in the heatwave we've encountered in New England. Roughly 103 degrees two days ago... To hot to smoke for me. 95 today and I plan on smoking. You could always do what I do, smoke at 2AM! :)

You all need wives like the dork in this picture. Then you can smoke in the heat & air when it's too hot, or too cold. :sign:
Charleighbday022.jpg

I haven't been to the heat extreme yet, but did enjoy a cigar while I fishing in a pleasant 16 degree day. Only issue then is the wrappers split pretty fast.

The heat has definately curbed the need for a cigar lately. It has been well over 100 where I live, and that is just too hot to sit outside for an hour. Even in the evening it is still in the 80's. Plus on top of that in NC, where I live, we are experiencing smoke shift from the wildfires to the east. It has not been a pleasent day air quality wise. I doubt a cigar would even taste good with all of the extra "flavor" coming from the air. :)

You all need wives like the dork in this picture. Then you can smoke in the heat & air when it's too hot, or too cold. :sign:

Got some kiddies in the house to think about. I want to keep their lungs nice and pink for as long as possible. :)

Been smoking in the heatwave we've encountered in New England. Roughly 103 degrees two days ago... To hot to smoke for me. 95 today and I plan on smoking. You could always do what I do, smoke at 2AM! :)
You need a new thermometer.

Doc.

I will still smoke in this heat, but I find myself doing so late in the evening (8:00-9:00) after the sun starts setting and the temps drop a little. Now if I could just get it to quit raining with tornados, or hurricane force winds every other day.

I don't mind the heat but cigars just don't seem to have the same flavor or intensity in the heat!! Just my opinion, but I smoke em' anyway.

I smoke in the heat here in middle Ga. Ever heard the cliche, "Hotter than Georgia asphalt!"? I smoke both in the garage(open to the outside temps) and as I walk after supper and it's been in the high 90s then.

I Bass fish in the heat too but I don't smoke when I fish.

Looking forward to a couple of days in the NC mountains where I'll be smoking several cigars on the porch with our best friends that rent a cabin there each summer.

Dan

I smoked a RASS last Sunday......it was hot and humid...and the thing wouldn't stay lit!

If its over 80, and I'm walking, the chances that I've got a cigar lit are pretty low.

Back in college I volunteered to work a hole (convey yardage, playing yardage, give out beer, water, and prize bags) with a buddy of mine at his Dad's company golf tourny. It was miserably hot and I got sunburned that day despite having and using sunscreen, and having a bit of a tan already. I saw two things that day that I'll never forget. The first was a guy that was so drunk he could barely walk. He asked for the yardage, pointed toward the flag, and asked if it was indeed the position of the flag, took his set up, and put the ball within 10 feet of the hole. The second was a man of about 80 (could have been older, but I don't want to exaggerate). There was something about him I couldn't quite put my finger on. He was well-dressed, but it was more than that. He took a puff from his pipe, put the stem down his back pocket with the bowl facing out, and proceeded to put the ball on the green. I didn't see him at the dinner/reception, so I don't know who he was, and even though I don't know much about him, it seemed like the kind of man I'd like to be at that age. Realistically, we'll all be lucky to be alive and mobile at 80+.

Hell, I hate walking around when it's 90+ and humid. I sure as hell won't try and enjoy a cigar, when it's that hot.

Smoking in the heat sure beats smoking in the cold. I've had too many cases of frostbite to my fingers smoking stogies when it's 10 below outside.

Doesn't bother me at all. Lately however, I have been smoking more in my smoking room.

I love to do both, golf and smoke cigars. Niether is appealing when it is extra hot, like above 95F, but then what is except having an ice cold beverage. I have almost stopped smoking cigars while golfing. Golf cigars are not as good as real ones and I would rather wait until after the game to fully enjoy the cigar.

Heat index was 106 last Saturday in Raleigh when I was having a cigar outside. I was partially shaded, but with a grill going strong about 5 feet away. The beers were going down kinda fast. Around the beach here there is usually some breeze, but playing golf with all your clothes stuck to your skin isn't quite as much fun as without.

I played last weekend in 100 degree temps... and could barely stay conscious let alone smoke a cigar!

I guess I'm getting soft too but I've decided to completely separate my golf game from my cigar enjoying. I just can't enjoy either when I do them at the same time. Either I'm preoccupied with my cigar, where it is, whether it's burning right, etc. and not paying attention to my game, or I forget that I'm smoking because I'm concentrating on the game and it ends up going out on me every hole.

So I'm saving the smokes to enjoy after the round these days.