• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Top 5 Cuban Non Cubans

There is not a chance that a Cuban cigar aficionado would not know the difference ...... not a chance!

You're probably right. I haven't had the ones that have been floating around the past however many years. I've only had the ones from my boxes bought in 2013.

Here's the newer version, that was changed for no good reason several years back:

z1-4.jpg

Here's the original band when they first debuted the original in 2008, and the ones I bought in 2013:

la-aroma-de-cuba-band-b.jpg

They are two totally different cigars now... but sporting the same name. I can't speak to the ones with the band on top.. it's actually a photo Phil "Katman" took back in 2020.

Oh yeah, and then there was the THIRD version when it changed hands yet again, and the bands were changed to this:

mydiscountcigar_2267_105835556_grande.jpeg.jpg

They had the slimmer second band with just the EE on them.

Last edited:
@xyz123 and @wrussell46 I almost feel bad that neither of you has ever smoked a good Cuban cigar. Almost!:cool:

I am 100% confident that I would know ............... and there are people here who have forgotten more about the distinct characteristics of a Cuban cigar than I will ever know.

Bill? @CigSid

John? @jfields

Gary? @grateful1

Tony? @tone-ny

Tom? @thinde

This would be a fun game to play…pick 3 NC cigars, remove the bands, toss in 2-3 CC and have the Cuban Cigar Aficionado declare which are the imposters!

I'm sure there'd be some volunteers if the cigars were provided. Probably not Bill, but even just someone wanting to test their own palate. 🤔

In all fairness, you're not the one who made the stupid statement.😁
I will say that my Cuban experience has been limited and I don’t have near the breadth of experience our CC Aficionados do. Especially those who’ve a been enjoying them for years. They are special without a doubt. One of the best cigars I’ve smoked to date was a 1979 H Upmann Corona-spectacular!

I will say that my Cuban experience has been limited and I don’t have near the breadth of experience our CC Aficionados do. Especially those who’ve a been enjoying them for years. They are special without a doubt. One of the best cigars I’ve smoked to date was a 1979 H Upmann Corona-spectacular!

Thought you applied for a HELOC to go after a few of these?

A good one for sure!

Cuban cigars have so many telling characteristics including appearance but mainly they have a distinctive earthy sweetness that is unmistakable.

I remember early on with limited experience with Cuban Cigars doing The Evil Dr. Moki's Group Blind Taste Test and swearing a Davidoff Millennium Lancero was Cuban. I think that would go differently these days. Something about NC's when smoke them anymore that I find a bitterness that I find mildly off putting. Can't say I hate it, but I'm not fond of it either. I save those for the yard mostly, and enjoy my favorite cigars during the limited free time I have these days.

To the OP:
The original Tatuaje Black Corona
Diamond Crown Standford 90th
OR Oliva V Lancero
A single OR Brickhouse I had that someone gifted me

Those cigars were the closest to Cuban cigars that I have personally ever tried.

Great read on this topic even though most of the pictures were lost with the transfer and Photobucket debacle. There's a part 2 as well.

LOL....JF beat me to it..... :cool:

I remember early on with limited experience with Cuban Cigars doing The Evil Dr. Moki's Group Blind Taste Test and swearing a Davidoff Millennium Lancero was Cuban. I think that would go differently these days. Something about NC's when smoke them anymore that I find a bitterness that I find mildly off putting. Can't say I hate it, but I'm not fond of it either. I save those for the yard mostly, and enjoy my favorite cigars during the limited free time I have these days.

To the OP:
The original Tatuaje Black Corona
Diamond Crown Standford 90th
OR Oliva V Lancero
A single OR Brickhouse I had that someone gifted me

Those cigars were the closest to Cuban cigars that I have personally ever tried.

Great read on this topic even though most of the pictures were lost with the transfer and Photobucket debacle. There's a part 2 as well.

The original Tat Black definitely. I remember the hype was through the roof on those when they came out. Wonder if anyone was able to resist and still has some in a humidor somewhere?