• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tour de France

MX

Quietly getting back into the cigar culture.....
Well, not sure how many follow this, but Lance is riding again this year.

Position: 3rd
Last Stage completed: 3rd
Current Stage: 4 Montpellier-Montpellier (TTT) (Team Time Trial)

Lance is only 40 seconds off the Yellow jersey.....

Tim

Position: 2nd (even with 1st)
Last Stage completed: 4th
Next Stage: 5 LE CAP D’AGDE > PERPIGNAN • 196,5 km

Lance made up the 40 seconds he was behind the leader by winning this stage.
He is now officially 2nd, but really tied for 1st.

Live strong.

Tim

If Lance pulls this off, I would put him atop the list of all-time great athletes. Most all who have tried a comeback have failed miserably (other than Jordan's first comeback - I'll refrain from commenting as to the Wizards' publicity stunt).

I've been watching Le Tour for 25 years and am a huge road racing fan. GO LANCE!

I am looking for a entry level road/fitness bike to get back on again. Been a while since I was on a road bike, and now that my mtn bike has been stolen, I think I will get back on the road again.

Tim

Hey your' in Belgium, so finding one of those bikes should not be a problem, it is their national sport :whistling:

Rene

I'm a pretty big fan a cycling, as well. I wish Lance all the best but he is, by no means, the reason I follow the sport.

Let's see what those Schleck brothers get into this time...

-Mark

5 of the top 7 riders are Team Astana, and Contador is only 19 seconds behind Lance. Does a lot for answering the question of who is leading the team, eh?

5 of the top 7 riders are Team Astana, and Contador is only 19 seconds behind Lance. Does a lot for answering the question of who is leading the team, eh?

We'll just have to wait for the mountains. :thumbs:

Care to make a friendly bet on the Lance v. Alberto issue?

-Mark

We'll just have to wait for the mountains. :thumbs:

Care to make a friendly bet on the Lance v. Alberto issue?

-Mark

That is good competetion right there. Most of the time, I would give it to Lance without a thought, but I think this year that Contador is going to hold the Checkered Jersey....

Tim

I will be amazed if Lance wins his eighth but he will be closer then many think. He looks in top form and I can see him climbing with Levi and Alberto in the high mountains. What should be fascinating to watch is if Lance and Alberto will attack each other. Something I haven't seen since the Lemond/Hinault days.

I will be amazed if Lance wins his eighth but he will be closer then many think. He looks in top form and I can see him climbing with Levi and Alberto in the high mountains. What should be fascinating to watch is if Lance and Alberto will attack each other. Something I haven't seen since the Lemond/Hinault days.

Lemond/Hinault where no friends :laugh:

I would put my money on Contador (would be nice to see Lance win but I have my doubts).

Rene

STAGE 5 Complete.

Position: 2nd

Last Stage completed: 5th finished 41st (4:29:42)

Next Stage: 6 • GERONA > BARCELONA • 181,5 km

Saxo Bank's Fabian Cancellara retained the race leader's yellow jersey with a 0.22sec lead over American Lance Armstrong

Tim

Ok Mark, I'm game. What do you say? Premium fiver that Lance finishes the Tour ahead of Contador?

Lemond/Hinault where no friends :laugh:

True but they were on the same team. You make a good point though. Lance and Alberto are good friends and have been for a long time. In any case it should be very interesting to see what happens.

STAGE 6 Complete.

Position: 2nd

Last Stage completed: 6th finished 27th (4:21:33)

Next Stage: 7 • BARCELONA > ANDORRE ARCALIS • 224 km

Swiss Fabian Cancellara crossed the line in 10th place and retained his overall leader's yellow jersey. Seven-times champion Lance Armstrong, who came back from retirement in January, stayed in second.

Contador is still 3rd at -19 seconds

Tim

Tomorrow they are in the mountains, that will shift the boys from the men.

Rene