• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trader Comments

Nice Stack.. maybe a combination of that and a monthly thread would do the trick. The stats for the database could be based off of the monthly post.

Matt R said:
Nice Stack.. maybe a combination of that and a monthly thread would do the trick. The stats for the database could be based off of the monthly post.
It is nice, but solves only half of the problem... it's also nice to have a place to discuss bombs/trades as well, IMHO.

If you check someones profile you'll see in a lot of them
they list bombs they where in passes who they bombed and so on.
all you have to do is check the passes they where in or PM someone they
bombed and ask them.

Matt R said:
PM Sent.

You should not need to discuss "bombs"and trades should be between the people involved only, until the deals are done (or not done in a timely manner) and a trader comment is made. Bombing threads are self-promoting and bring down the morale of people who can't participate or are not included. A thread of thanks, in the lobby, after a bomb lands is not a problem. But to discuss a "bombing run" or something along that lines is a self-satisfying effort, that really drags down the site, IMHO.

SD_Stack said:
How 'bout this. I will be willing to help too. Maybe Matt and I can help out jointly. I would be willing to write a database and a data access page that is available from the web. When someone has a good experience, I would get a PM or email and add a "Positive" to that persons record... or "negative" when applicable. There would be very little if any notes about the person. It would be a good idea for people to put a link to the database in their profile.

-------------

It may look something like this:

CP_User Positive = 3 Negative = 0 Neutral = 1

This person has had no complaints but one person got cigars that were dried out and some of the wrappers were torn. Etc. Etc.

------------

We may could put like/dislikes, and a wishlist on it if it was desirable.

Also, it may not be a bad idea to charge people one cigar for posting Positive comments but have no charge for negative comments. Maybe this would keep down on everyone blowing sunshine up everyones pants leg just to be friendly.
I like this idea in general, along with some of the opinions expressed. A "rating" makes sense, but I also agree that some slackard (like me on the super bowl pool) that needs to be called out, should be!

Matt R said:
You should not need to discuss "bombs"and trades should be between the people involved only, until the deals are done (or not done in a timely manner) and a trader comment is made. Bombing threads are self-promoting and bring down the morale of people who can't participate or are not included. A thread of thanks, in the lobby, after a bomb lands is not a problem. But to discuss a "bombing run" or something along that lines is a self-satisfying effort, that really drags down the site, IMHO.
Fair enough, I can understand that position. I respectfully disagree, as I'd like to have such a forum, but perhaps I'm in the minority, and it certainly isn't a big deal.

I don't think we need any kind of a trader comments thread or system. If someone approaches you with a trade proposal, you use many factors to make your own decision whether or not to engage in a trade with them mostly reviewing their posts here or even on other boards.

If you approach another member with a trade proposal, they will most likely take the same kinds of things into consideration before agreeing to do a trade with you.

I think when something goes wrong and it cannot be resolved privately THEN we've got something to post publically about.

Even if there were some type of formalized trade comments/feedback system implemented here, it would have little affect on my decision to trade or not trade with someone.

heh. I just had an amusing idea that I might try coding up when I get a chance. A map of the USA (including Hawaii, wk-mang, don'tcha worry). You can click on a destination, and an ETA, and it'll track visually with an arcing view of a missile going from your home town to its destination.

Names on the missiles (the name of the target) would be optional, as would the names of the originator be optional. Would be pretty entertaining to see arcs of the missiles (some anonymous, some not) cruising across the country. :)

It wouldn't be hard to write up either... hmm....

Ya better include our brothers Azon & Swe-Mike in Sweeden AND Whitsidio in Ontario, Canada ;)

Moki> That sounds cool man, I would like to see it. :p

Steve> In your datbase site, any way that clicking on the 2 under the Pos. collumn could be linked to the actual comments that the #2 is referring to? I am a rusty programmer, so I already know it is certainly doable, but it would require some work so I guess my question is not a Can-U, but rather a Will-U? As some might be interested to see exactly what was said, especially in a Nagative feedback. If not that is fine, it would actually be usefull info AS IS IMHO And thanks for working something like that up for us :thumbs:

Matt> The idea of one thread a month sounds awesome as well, but does sound like a lot of work for you, which I am sure we would all be greatful to you for :thumbs:

All in all I am seeing some great ideas floating around in this Think Tank

That is what I call working together forthe good of the community, Kudos to you all :love:

You guys have some great ideas. I still believe a little research is the best way to find out if someone is a good trader and you have more interaction with other members. As far as the bomb/trader comments, I think it was the right decision to remove it and it makes it easier to find the more usefull threads. As far as comments, a lot of people don't have the balls to call out poor traders but are much more likely to let you know in a PM.

*edited for spelling

I have an idea. How about giving this site 3 months without any of this crap(the crap part just being MHO.) and see how things are going? In the mean time...feel free to work on whatever you want. Rather than surfing this site and having withdrawls because you no longer have these forums...give the current format a honest try. The new changes weren't decided in a day and neither will any changes in the future. If you operate your trades and bombs as we have asked...you may find that we are infact "right" in our decisions.

Thanks. :)

TheBeast said:
I have an idea. How about giving this site 3 months without any of this crap(the crap part just being MHO.) and see how things are going? In the mean time...feel free to work on whatever you want. Rather than surfing this site and having withdrawls because you no longer have these forums...give the current format a honest try. The new changes weren't decided in a day and neither will any changes in the future. If you operate your trades and bombs as we have asked...you may find that we are infact "right" in our decisions.

Thanks. :)
:0 It is scarey when the Beast is right :0

Emo

Bobbyson1a said:
If you check someones profile you'll see in a lot of them
they list bombs they where in passes who they bombed and so on.
all you have to do is check the passes they where in or PM someone they
bombed and ask them.
Only a tinhorn puts notches on his gun.

NA

I'd tend to agree with Jeff. Let's see what happens and if something is needed, theoffer still stands.

Matt R said:
I'd tend to agree with Jeff. Let's see what happens and if something is needed, theoffer still stands.
same here. :thumbs:

I agree with SD_Stack who agrees with Matt who agrees with Emo who agrees it's scary when Jeff is right :D

SD_Stack said:
Heres a rough sample. Search for these users.

Joe Blow
Bobby Lee
Julie Jingles
Wacky Willie

Search User Trading Ratings

I have not added comments yet.
Joe Blow

Hey Pal! Don't you have a donkey to milk or something? :sneaky:

I think the name Jim Blow would work a lot better! :D

JoeI, you know I love you and would never do anything to upset you.

So......

Joe Blow is Gone.

Now it is changed to Jim Blow.