• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Travel Humidor

CBoukal

Impeached Staff Member
Staff member
I know a lot of people use cigar caddy and Xikar for travel humidors. I did also until I broke my third one and decided to look for other brands and options. I found Elevate Bar Co. I got their 15 count, It’s larger than the other two brands but not dramatically. It seals really tight and seems to be holding humidity very well so far. It was $26.99 when I bought it.

This is just a review, I have nothing to do with the company, nor had I even heard of it before last week. F23845BC-2034-4951-83FC-6122292DA137.jpegFA3E02CA-8735-4496-A810-5123D85BFEA3.jpegFEF51C27-C6E2-44B8-8A41-4900D19175A7.jpegB405435B-6A66-48F4-8D58-62E2F924D551.jpeg

Nice. Are the latches different than the multi-brand herf-ador that most of us have?

Nice. Are the latches different than the multi-brand herf-ador that most of us have?
Yes they are, they are actually thinner, however they appear they should hold up well. I really like the rubber around the lid. You have to hold down on one side to get the clips to close so you know its tight...

Yes they are, they are actually thinner, however they appear they should hold up well. I really like the rubber around the lid. You have to hold down on one side to get the clips to close so you know its tight...
00502387-F28D-461A-9C79-E3E87A0E07E9.jpeg

That looks nice.

I went a slightly different route on my travel case. I got the Vaultek Lifepod 1.0 and then made custom foam inserts to hold up to 10 cigars, a cutter and a torch. The seal is water tight, and can be locked (electronically) to keep everything safe.

That looks nice.

I went a slightly different route on my travel case. I got the Vaultek Lifepod 1.0 and then made custom foam inserts to hold up to 10 cigars, a cutter and a torch. The seal is water tight, and can be locked (electronically) to keep everything safe.
I considered that but the price was a little high for me. I didn't think you could get 10 cigars in there also so that could be a game changer for the future.. I'd love to see some pictures.

That looks nice.

Were you afraid a friend would mooch your cigars? That is a expensive way to go to secure your travel cigars.

I considered that but the price was a little high for me. I didn't think you could get 10 cigars in there also so that could be a game changer for the future.. I'd love to see some pictures.

It took some playing, but I was able to get 10 cigars in there. I will take some pics tonight when I get home and post them tomorrow.

Were you afraid a friend would mooch your cigars? That is a expensive way to go to secure your travel cigars.

I wasn't worried about my friends, it was all the other random people that would try and mooch the cigars.. 😂 😂

I got it because it was a lot slimmer than traditional 10 count travel humidors. It takes up less space when traveling, golfing, camping, whatever. The electronics aren't a big deal to me, most of the time I leave it unlocked. I didn't even create a personal code to unlock it, so 1234 opens it up.

I wasn't worried about my friends, it was all the other random people that would try and mooch the cigars.. 😂 😂

I got it because it was a lot slimmer than traditional 10 count travel humidors. It takes up less space when traveling, golfing, camping, whatever. The electronics aren't a big deal to me, most of the time I leave it unlocked. I didn't even create a personal code to unlock it, so 1234 opens it up.
download.jpeg

1234, got it.

OH well at only 9 cigars i am out, that's not even close to the 10 I need to carry with me. Kidding aside, that's a really nice setup! How does it work when you close it, do the cigars move around any?
It seems to work really well, I haven't noticed cigars moving around much (if any) when traveling. When I do travel with it, the case goes in my carry on (minus the lighter), so it doesn't get subjected to the typical throwing of checked luggage. I would imagine it would still hold up well in checked luggage too, I will have to try when I go on vacation in September.

I've been using this "lunchbox" made by Stanley for over ten years. I've never seen another one like it, and I've been asked where to find one at least 20 times...

I have been eyeing the pelican cases lately though. That elevate case looks great, and the lifepod seems awesome, but I think we I looked they were a little high for me.

unnamed.jpg