• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trouble With Online Retailers

Sunshine86

Nicaraguan Whore
Given the lack of Tatuaje cigars available locally, I took to the internet today with the hopes of getting my hands on a few of these sticks. Needless to say, I didn't have to look to far...awesome, I selected what I wanted and went to check out. As I was entering my information, I was asked to provide my birthday (no problem, I'm legal). I did so and was promptly informed that I must be 21 to make a purchase. Irritated but undaunted, I tried to purchase from a second retailer. No dice, I got the same message. So my question is, simply, why? I can walk into my local B&M and buy and smoke whatever I please. But I have to be 21 to buy online?

Given the lack of Tatuaje cigars available locally, I took to the internet today with the hopes of getting my hands on a few of these sticks. Needless to say, I didn't have to look to far...awesome, I selected what I wanted and went to check out. As I was entering my information, I was asked to provide my birthday (no problem, I'm legal). I did so and was promptly informed that I must be 21 to make a purchase. Irritated but undaunted, I tried to purchase from a second retailer. No dice, I got the same message. So my question is, simply, why? I can walk into my local B&M and buy and smoke whatever I please. But I have to be 21 to buy online?

It depends. Some states want you to be 19!

What Gary said, state to state is differnt. If you really need some Tat's, pm me with your addy and I'll get a few out to young man. :D

If you really need some Tat's, pm me with your addy and I'll get a few out to young man. :D

wait, were you talking to me?

wavey[1].gif

Most people do not know that in Michigan they can refuse you a room at a hotel if you are under 25. Shit happens.

But you grow out of it. :laugh:

PM the retailers that support CP, they might be able to help.

You could "fat finger" the year you were born...but that is between you, your conscience and the law. I see you're from DC, there are a bunch of retailers in the area.

A few that come to mind...the ever famous Curtis Draper shop, Leesburg (I've bought from them before, nice guy, mixed reviews by some, but a nice selection of smokes, cigar lounge and a couple good restaurants in the same complex).

You could also post an ISO in B/S/T forum.

I turned 21 this past year and had the same difficulty on more than a couple occasions.

Your best bet is to go to some of the retailers that post here on the boards. Not quite as convenient as being able to browse the stock and see prices but A. You will be supporting BOTL's B. You will be supporting small business owners and C. You'll probably get a price as good or better than most of the other online shops.

Im 18 and I purchased a sampler on cigar.com a couple months back... All I had to do was click that I was 21 and 4 days later there they were. Sometimes a little white lie doesnt hurt :whistling: .

You could "fat finger" the year you were born...but that is between you, your conscience and the law. I see you're from DC, there are a bunch of retailers in the area.

A few that come to mind...the ever famous Curtis Draper shop, Leesburg (I've bought from them before, nice guy, mixed reviews by some, but a nice selection of smokes, cigar lounge and a couple good restaurants in the same complex).

You could also post an ISO in B/S/T forum.

Come out to Leesburg C&P. It's not far. PM first so we can meet you down there. Bill is a great guy and will take care of you.

I must agree with Jon, Tats are pretty easy to come by in the DC area. Listen to what Jon says (cabaiguan juan), I have learn lots from him, as well as having the privilege of meeting him. (which is they only guy I met from here so far).

David

What Gary said, state to state is differnt. If you really need some Tat's, pm me with your addy and I'll get a few out to young man. :D

My God you're easy Sam....I have no Tat's in my area either...or Opus X...or any...and I mean any ISOM...plus I'm only 12 years old...
please help me Mr Sam... :laugh:

I don't know if you want to drive out this far, but Broadleaf in Severna Park, MD has a pretty decent selection of Tat's.

My local shop has plenty in stock, and I think they are having a sale on boxes going on now. If you are still trying to find some, let me know.

aaron