• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Try not to take it so hard beverage fans!

alexgtp

newbie extrodinaire!!
MillerCoors discontinues Zima
gallery_1349_634_191.gif

MillerCoors LLC announced Monday that it will discontinue the clear malt beverage Zima, introduced by Coors Brewing Co. in 1992, because of "challenging malternative segment sales and declining consumer interest."

Production of Zima ceased Oct. 10 and remaining orders will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis using available inventory, chief marketing officer Andy England said in an e-mail. The last orders are expected to be filled in December.

The beverage was produced at MillerCoors' breweries in Golden, Colo., and Elkton, Va., spokesman Julian Green said.

The decision was made to reduce "complexity" in the brewer's brand portfolio, allowing it to focus on more preferred brands like Sparks, a malt beverage brand acquired by Miller Brewing Co. of Milwaukee in 2006. MillerCoors, the recently merged operations of Miller and Coors, is asking distributors to replace Zima on store shelves with Sparks and Sparks Plus four-packs and Sparks Light.

MillerCoors is a competitor of St. Louis-based Anheuser-Busch.

Oh Zima.... I remember when it first came out and shook up the malt beverage community.. Oh I remember getting drunk on it in high school, those were the days.... :p

Finally, some common sense from MillerCoors. Looks like people will just have to drink a real beer now, I have always despised that drink, way too sweet.

OH COME ON!!!! First the Mickeys Grenades and now Zima?!?!?

Wow, so depressing........ LMAO

Time to drink some real beer

How can you compare mickey's grenades to Zima? That isn't working.