• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tubo Storage

H. Vachon

King of the Hobo Hut
I’m looking for opinions on the best way to store cigars in (aluminum) tubos. My thought was to take the caps off so that the cigar would better adapt to the atmosphere in the humidor. I’ve also heard people talking about greater risk of mold if left closed in the tubos. How do you all like to store them? Cap on, cap off, or completely removed?

I store them exactly as they come. From my understanding and from experience the cigars age individually in their own closed environment which allows for deeper stronger flavors over long term. That’s my opinion but YMMV.

I remove the tubes. Too many horror stories of the cedar liner causing a mold outbreak.

Tube on! They age way better IMHO. I’ve had cigars that come in tubes, an the very same cigars that don’t come in tubes. In my experience, the tubed ones are always better hands down. I don’t know what the difference is.

Tube on! They age way better IMHO. I’ve had cigars that come in tubes, an the very same cigars that don’t come in tubes. In my experience, the tubed ones are always better hands down. I don’t know what the difference is.
Do you leave the cedar on as well?

I store them exactly as they come. From my understanding and from experience the cigars age individually in their own closed environment which allows for deeper stronger flavors over long term. That’s my opinion but YMMV.
This right here!

This!

You know you deep throat those suckers.

I agree with these statements.

The tubes slow down the aging process, and allow your aged cigars to smoke stronger and fresher. I’ve had 10 yo tubos that tasted like new cigars, although they are a bit smoothe

I always check my tubos cigars when I get them, as mold is always a concern. If I see mold, I treat them and place them back into the tubes, and back in the box.

Don’t use tubo, I also got mold in one of set that I bought at airport. It’s good for short traveling but for long term storage I just put them out in my Tupperware.