• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

ugaman72 please email or pm

saltpeter

Need to get in touch with Chad

and yes I did wait 5 years for this post apparently :rolleyes:

Need to get in touch with Chad

and yes I did wait 5 years for this post apparently :rolleyes:

'salt peter' getting 'in touch'....how ironic!

:laugh:

Now - what's the line on a second post before the 10 year mark?

:sign:

ok, I had a deal with Chad that still hasn't been resolved.

He may have had some family problems going on, so I've been patient (almost 2 months).
But since he was selling on Ebay last week I think its fair to expect a response.

Is there any protocol for outing a bad trader here? On CF it would be nomination for the scumbag list, and he is not a member there.

Sorry it has to come to this (first time I've had a bad deal in 10 years)...

ok, I had a deal with Chad that still hasn't been resolved.

He may have had some family problems going on, so I've been patient (almost 2 months).
But since he was selling on Ebay last week I think its fair to expect a response.

Is there any protocol for outing a bad trader here? On CF it would be nomination for the scumbag list, and he is not a member there.

Sorry it has to come to this (first time I've had a bad deal in 10 years)...

Best method is to state the facts. Avoid everything else.

Couple of the most interesting first posts I have seen. Tell us about what happened and I am sure if it is warranted he will get nominated for the scumbag list since Harris and Moki are both members here as well.

Couple of the most interesting first posts I have seen. Tell us about what happened and I am sure if it is warranted he will get nominated for the scumbag list since Harris and Moki are both members here as well.

Salt...lay out the time table an events...and away we go!!!

:thumbs:

Sorry, you had a bad time of things with a deal.

Say hello to the poster child for "read more, post less." :laugh:

Bought a large Opus and Anejo sampler from Chad on Ebay. I asked him for references on any cigar boards since there is so much fraud with Ebay cigars. I was satisfied that he was a good standing member here and bought the lot of 29 cigars on Dec 23rd. I got an invoice right away and over the next few days he asked numerous times when would I be paying. It was Christmas so I asked for a couple extra days....Paid with Paypal on Dec 28.

After that I waited 2 weeks and heard nothing, so I asked him on Jan 11th if they had shipped.
No response to a few emails over the next 5 days. Opened a Paypal claim on the 16th since I was getting worried and never heard back. Heard back right away that he had been out of town and would now ship.

I received them on Jan 21 and ended the paypal claim right away. The package was one Opus DC short so I asked him if he could send that later. He apologized and said he would send that DC and a few sticks to make up for the trouble.

Since Jan 21, I haven't received the DC or gotten any reply to emails or Ebay messages. He just sold a box of Tatuaje Franks on Ebay so he's been dealing online obviously.

I just want to get this over with - the loss of a stick is not as annoying as the lack of response and waiting. Its been almost 2 months now.

He joined CP 1-September 08 which might explain why he was selling on eBay and not here. He wouldn't qualify to sell here until Feb. 1. Even then, being a new member he would be expected to ship first. Not the case on eBay.

He was last on CP Feb. 11 so he probably hasn't seen this post yet.

Thanks for bringing this up here - even though this was an eBay deal, it has a bearing on members here who might consider dealing with him on CP in the future. That's what happens when you use CP as a reference I guess.

Good luck getting this resolved. :thumbs:

I don't think this reflects badly on CP at all, its just one guy....it looks like I took a chance that I shouldn't have, given his bad Ebay feedback.

Damn, I thought Chad was a good guy. He begged out of my pass for family reasons; he may just be out of town. I hope there's a good explanation, or he makes it right soon, because I want him to go back to being a good guy.

I don't think this reflects badly on CP at all, its just one guy....it looks like I took a chance that I shouldn't have, given his bad Ebay feedback.

What is his Ebay username?

As for purchasing Opus on ebay, do some searches here to learn some of the perils that have been identified.

Hey Charles, no introduction!?! You came over here looking for help with a trade that went bad, I understand that. But you should still have introduced yourself and filled out your profile so people have a better idea of whom you are.

Just my 2¢

Hey Charles, no introduction!?! You came over here looking for help with a trade that went bad, I understand that. But you should still have introduced yourself and filled out your profile so people have a better idea of whom you are.

Just my 2¢

He doesn't have to "fill(ed) out your profile" because it's irrelevant. He's looking for a guy who stiffed him who's a member here, simple as that.

You obviously know him from somewhere jerry so what's the problem? ???

The one thing I truly hope is not at play here is that these cigars are being acquired through CP to be resold on Ebay. It's only speculation, but he has posted an ISO (before his 4 months) looking for fuentes....and now selling fuentes on ebay..... I am by no means accusing him, but it's something that should probably be looked into in order to make sure it's not happening.

Something just seems amiss, but I hope I'm wrong....

Bought a large Opus and Anejo sampler from Chad on Ebay. I asked him for references on any cigar boards since there is so much fraud with Ebay cigars. I was satisfied that he was a good standing member here and bought the lot of 29 cigars on Dec 23rd. I got an invoice right away and over the next few days he asked numerous times when would I be paying. It was Christmas so I asked for a couple extra days....Paid with Paypal on Dec 28.

After that I waited 2 weeks and heard nothing, so I asked him on Jan 11th if they had shipped.
No response to a few emails over the next 5 days. Opened a Paypal claim on the 16th since I was getting worried and never heard back. Heard back right away that he had been out of town and would now ship.

I received them on Jan 21 and ended the paypal claim right away. The package was one Opus DC short so I asked him if he could send that later. He apologized and said he would send that DC and a few sticks to make up for the trouble.

Since Jan 21, I haven't received the DC or gotten any reply to emails or Ebay messages. He just sold a box of Tatuaje Franks on Ebay so he's been dealing online obviously.

I just want to get this over with - the loss of a stick is not as annoying as the lack of response and waiting. Its been almost 2 months now.

He owes you one cigar; you've already alerted CP to his dealings, which is good... but I think probably the thing to do is leave him a bad transaction record on eBay, and file a claim there to have him make good.

This was a transaction done over eBay, and thus it probably should be resolved there. It's still good that you've given people on CP heads up, and hopefully this thread will help to get you the cigar he owes you. Good luck.

PS Don't buy cigars from eBay. ;)