• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Uh-Oh, QdO fans!

Wow. This is totally BS. How the heck can they cut the Imperiales? Screw you Habanos SA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about getting rid of the Open Master Monte crap instead.

Some lucky bastid took my stock and good for you.  :thumbs:

No way! Thank you for posting this, time to stock up before they are gone and prices are off the roof.

Light this! said:
Wow. This is totally BS. How the heck can they cut the Imperiales? Screw you Habanos SA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed!  :laugh:

Hmmm....

Never had one, cannot miss what you never had....right?!

Lol

I wonder what will replace it?

Only 1 QDO and 1 Diplo. More vitolas are on the chopping block. I just don't understand.

The cutting of the Diplo #4 was tragic, too, but life goes on ...

BlindedByScience said:
Scored a box of QdO Emperialies just now.......film at 2300....;-)
So I go to my favorite vendor, they have Some. I chose to order them an hour later .... Gone. Vendor 2 ... Gone. Vendor # 3 ..... Bingo! I suspect they are getting more rare.

golfgar said:

Scored a box of QdO Emperialies just now.......film at 2300....;-)
So I go to my favorite vendor, they have Some. I chose to order them an hour later .... Gone. Vendor 2 ... Gone. Vendor # 3 ..... Bingo! I suspect they are getting more rare.

That's the reason I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger on these right away.

Are these considered good now that they are discontinued? Last good ones were from JNL04?

mk05 said:
Are these considered good now that they are discontinued? Last good ones were from JNL04?
2012 was a stellar year for them IMHO.

This is one line that has always eluded me. I've gotten mixed feedback on it. some say it is mild tasting; others say it is a flavor bomb with great depth of flavor.
I love flavorful smokes so, they've had me curious. So, one vitola is being preserved for the market?

Light this! said:

You mean I've patiently awaited 'Q' for nothing???

MadMonk said:
This is one line that has always eluded me. I've gotten mixed feedback on it. some say it is mild tasting; others say it is a flavor bomb with great depth of flavor.
I love flavorful smokes so, they've had me curious. So, one vitola is being preserved for the market?

I believe what's going on here is nothing more than the sometimes inconsistent sticks from the island we all know about.  Good ones / bad ones seem to be a bigger issue than with other countires.  Those darn guys in Nicaragua seem to do a better job in this department, though as of late the sticks from the island have gotten much, much better.  I'm anxious to see how my box turns out.

QdO is a Romeo brand with forteleza suave. It tasted like a Romeo until Cubatabaco killed it in 2004 and brought it to Partagas where the factory rolls forteleza fuerte. Sure, if you like smoking Partagas Lite, then maybe QdO is for you, but it tastes horrible for anyone who remembers or was introduced to QdO from Briones Montoto. I'm sure there are those here who remember/have Imperiales from Briones Montoto. Tell me that you'd rather smoke 2005+ Imperiales. 

Please. The blend did not work out well at Partagas. Dump the brand all together. It's done.

I enjoy the Coronas quite a bit. I don't care for this size though.