• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Under rated Scotches you might like to try

celticmanx

I'm always curious to what people think are underated scotches. A great scotch and cigar is always an awsome way to finish a day, but not every one can buy a top scotch or cigar all the time.

Two underated Scotches:

Oban
The Belvanie (Doublewood)

Good bottles of these can be found for $40-$70. Coupled with an Aston or Cohiba.. very nice finish to a day.

What are some of your recommendations?

I don't know if its underrated, but Springbank is a gorgeous dram. I prefer the 100 proof and add my own water.

DoubleWood is well known here. Lots of folks have it and a few have the Oban too.

Balvenie Doublewood.......under-rated???

I've never heard it called that

Michael

Agreed on the Doublewood not being underrated.

Aberfeldy is probably one of those that is underrated and relatively cheap. I just had some of this recently and had forgotten how smooth it really is.

Glad to see The Belvanie is so popular here. Means several others here share my tastes. I look forward to seeing what you all recommend. Hope several of them are ones I havent' tried.

Awright. I've heard enough about Aberfeldy. I'm headed to the liquor store now to score a bottle. I'll let you know what I think.

Awright. I've heard enough about Aberfeldy. I'm headed to the liquor store now to score a bottle. I'll let you know what I think.

It's a bit on the lighter/sweeter side. Much like a Macallan Fine Oak. Excellent stuff though.

Just got back. I got confused. I was reading Aberfeldy, but I was thinking Aberlour. I ended up getting the Aberfeldy and the Aberlour 12 just to be sure. I'll try them after dinner.

Ok. I had a chance to drink the Aberfeldy 12. For the price, it is a pretty good dram. I think it could benefit from a higher alcohol percentage, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I'm glad I got it. Thanks guys!

You can post your thoughts here if you want.

Ok. I had a chance to drink the Aberfeldy 12. For the price, it is a pretty good dram. I think it could benefit from a higher alcohol percentage, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. I'm glad I got it. Thanks guys!

just cracked open a bottle of The Balvenie 15yr Single Barrel that I picked up for $50, a great value at that price.

The Balvenie 15 is great stuff. I wouldn't call it underrated, though.

AVB,
I'll give it another try tonight and post my thoughts.

just cracked open a bottle of The Balvenie 15yr Single Barrel that I picked up for $50, a great value at that price.

That's an excellent price! The doublewood sells for about $45 in my neck of the woods, and the 15 is $65 to $70 (IIRC).

If it's in a wooden box, buy it

It used to be $80, then they 'upgraded' the packaging and it went to $130

Michael