• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Untold Story Maddie

Mr Peat

Rich Perelman, "Loren you have a Godlike Presence.
After smoking the VSG Spellbound that has been in over my humidor for a year to celebrate a good friend of mine, Donzilla on his 21st B-day...A friend stopped over to smoke his Padron 64. I forgot what he had. Dongzilla smoked his VSG as well and forgot what it was. While my 2nd friend was here, I pulled out the Untold Story I bought from Slevy007. I brewed a fresh cup of java and tossed in the movie, Hang'em High.

Without further ado...I clipped this one at 5:23pm and lit it up. It didnt take long for the stick to roar to life as the flame took over. I intially inspected the cigar and it had a very minor tear on the wrapper near the end which didnt hurt the cigar so it wasnt flawless in that sense. The cut went smooth...Nothing unusual for a AF Hemi. It had a slight sweetness to the wrapper which didnt linger for very long before it faded away. The cigar was nice and dense too. Another thing I've taken note of from these fantastic cigars from AF.

The draw was kinda tight but didnt hinder the experience nor the smoking of the cigar. Very pleasant indeed. Definitely not the best draw I've seen on a AF Hemi but still a nice stick. There wasnt a thick pile of smoke but enough to please the sense of smell and taste buds. There also seemed to be a slight hint of spice intially, but it also faded away slowly. I let me friend puff off it a couple time throughout the cigar and he loved it as much as I did. It first gave me an impression that it was going to be a full bodied, mild smoke but that changed through several transitions.

The smoke stayed cool in the mouth and never got hot. This stick reminded me of a milder version of the WOAM and even in taste. The burn was excellent which seems to be a trait of any good AF Hemi. It didnt require much maintenance at all so the experience was pleasant. I only had to do a minor touch up twice. At the beginning and at the very end. Around 5:35pm, I thought I picked up a mild cedary taste and this is where it transitioned into a earthy taste. The draw started to loosen up around 5:42pm and it wasnt tough before this but it did get easier as the cigar burned down slowly to join its fellow brothers that have seen the flame.

Also a note at this point my tongue started to get a little tingle and I experienced a slight buzz since I hadnt eaten since around 9am. At 5:56pm I had an ash 1/3 of the cigar and the taste now stay consistant since it changed to that mild, earthy taste. Then at 6:18pm, 1/2 the cigar is one solid ash and finally it fell onto the piece of paper I was taking notes on. It didnt even break up into several pieces either. Nice i say. I inspected the ash a couple of times as the cigar burned and took note of a few shiny "crystals" throughout the ash. Another good sign in my book. The buzz is a little more prominate at this point but nothing to major. The cigar moved into a medium strength cigar and the tastes stayed true to the very end with the smoke kicking it up a notch. Finally at 7:26pm, the last 1/4" went out and I layed it to rest. Overall impression is that its similiar to the WOAM which I preferred over the Untold Story. I'd give this one a solid 90 aka a A for this cigar. Just another winner from AF. A must have in the humidor. I hope you enjoy this review as I did smoking the cigar so that i could write it. :love:

Another great review Peat, the WOAM review forced me to light one up - now I want to pull out an Untold Story. Stop writing such good reviews, my good smokes will disappear fast. :eek:-)

Nice review with great narrative, Peat. I'm guessing you really dig the Fuente profile. :)

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
Nice review with great narrative, Peat. I'm guessing you really dig the Fuente profile. :)

Wilkey
[snapback]296692[/snapback]​

Atm i'm enjoying the Hemi line and a few normal lines of their cigars. Was thinking of smoking my BTL and get that over with soon since I have a replacement coming.

:p
Mr Peat said:
The buzz is a little more prominate at this point but nothing to major.
[snapback]296544[/snapback]​
I love this, smoke a LFD without eating and you feel nothing. Smoke a nice creamy Untold Maddie and you get a "buzz". Loren you are a weird one for sure :p . Oh by the way, nice review, you're tempting me to smoke a Masterpiece Maddie :whistling: .

OpusXKC said:
:p
Mr Peat said:
The buzz is a little more prominate at this point but nothing to major.
[snapback]296544[/snapback]​
I love this, smoke a LFD without eating and you feel nothing. Smoke a nice creamy Untold Maddie and you get a "buzz". Loren you are a weird one for sure :p . Oh by the way, nice review, you're tempting me to smoke a Masterpiece Maddie :whistling: .
[snapback]296714[/snapback]​

Well it was my 2nd cigar back to back without a break. :laugh:

Great Review! :thumbs: before you fire up the BTL get some batteries for your camera so we can see some pics. :D

Nick

Wow Loren another Hemingway ... you are riding the Fuente magic smoke train. :D :thumbs: I seemed to do the same some time ago with the majority of the widely accessible Hemingway, DC & Anejo lines. Recently I've been on a Habanos rampage, but now with many of my dream/wish AF's that were previously unattainable obtained(many due to generosity of CP BOTL) I just might get back on that track ;)

Very nicely written review bud perhaps my favorite to date. :thumbs: