• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Update to What Cigar Sizes You Currently Smoke

What is your most popular format of cigar lately? Curious to see who smokes the big ones. Vote &

• Total voters

ironpeddler

Ye Old Newbie
I was looking at cigar sales lately and noticed a few healthy size discounts out there on churchill size cigars in both CC and NC cigars. My first thought was they weren't selling as quickly as the smaller formats...especially during the Winter where some of us only smoke outside. But then I got to thinking that maybe they weren't currently as popular as they were previously. I know a ton of guys that ONLY smoke churchills and thing a torpedo is a smaller, girly cigar....and won't even try a corona or robusto.

What are you guys currently buying and smoking? And how do you view the larger formats?

Thanks  :thumbs:

I enjoy big cigars.  Churchills last about as long as I have time for.  I also really love the 60 rings.  Mostly the Padron 7000s.  Yum! :D

90% of what I have on hand is robusto/corona or smaller size.  Mostly a time issue for me. 

I keep and smoke a variety of sizes for different occasions. :cool: That's why they come in different sizes, but you young fellas knew that, right?  :rolleyes:

Doc

Toros and Robustos, or small sticks like Papas Fritas or the small Tat's.

When I'm home relaxing by myself I usually go for a Robusto or something smaller. If I go to a cigar lounge with my friends then I prefer a Toro size or Churchill. I'm not a fan of the big 60 gauge, I like 56 and lower.

I have all sizes, and smoke all sizes, but a majority of the time I usually grab something corona gorda/corona/robusto range.   To me it's dictated more by ring guage than by length (that's what she said.)

First you are concerned with the hole cracking, now you want to know about size. Man I hope I pass that phase when I get your age! :laugh:

What Doc said!

If it's a normal smoke, then I tend to go to the robusto and smaller sizes.  If I'm on the golf course, then it's usually a churchill, because I have more time to smoke.

Lately I'm on a long cigar kick. Enjoying the Churchill's and Double Corona's. Petite coronas, robustos and shorter cigars are for the drive to work.

Small ring gauge - have all different sizes but padron #1s are the best. Long and skinny.

Smoking all different sizes like Doc said. Being winter I fall under that smoking outside so grabbing a shorter smoke thing on the really cold days.

Robusto's and up are just fine for me, 50 gauge and up. When I "snack", I'll grab a "shrimp cocktail" (a.k.a. Power Ranger) or a S.S.M.

Shorter smokes.....it's cold outside! Nothing wrong with the larger sizes when it gets warmer.

Are you guys always/occasionally in the market for buying churchill sized cigars? I find myself bypassing them for quite some time now...regardless of the deal involved. 

For me, like some others, it's a time issue. So my reason for asking the question was...is this an industry wide issue that less larger cigars are being sold lately?

ironpeddler said:
Are you guys always/occasionally in the market for buying churchill sized cigars? I find myself bypassing them for quite some time now...regardless of the deal involved. 

For me, like some others, it's a time issue. So my reason for asking the question was...is this an industry wide issue that less larger cigars are being sold lately?
The churchills I want I always hesitate due to price of a box.

I don't count towards any changes in the industry Gary because I never but Churchill size cigars. It's time for me also, most of the cigars I smoke are while driving between jobs and they are just too big. Also, I've always had draw issues on the larger cigars.

Another factor is the weather.  Spring / summer are Churchill time, the cold of winter...not so much.

Mostly robustos and toros. But I do love a Lancero if the weather is cooperating.

I normally buy the longer formats, as I prefer them and time is rarely a factor when I smoke. My favorite cigars are all double coronas / Churchills (not much difference anymore outside of Padron or CCs).

When time is a factor I gravitate towards corona gordas or coronas more than robustos.