• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

V-Cut, Punch, Guillotine, Scissor Cut? What do you use?

I use a Palio and an angled cut (sometimes referred to the dick cut).

bfreebern said:

The term is dickman cut. :blush:  No pictures please, grateful1.

MilesMingusMonk said:

Without being flagged as someone who searches that at work, I went with what I remembered  :laugh:

MilesMingusMonk said:

How do you know how bfree is cut?

tomthirtysix said:

Hot Springs Herf circa 2005

MilesMingusMonk said:

Hot Springs Herf circa 2005

Hummmmmmm.....

hot_tub_time_machine_zps76cec49e.jpg

Used to always use a punch. It was a screw out kind and I had it on my key ring. It'd always screw itself out and it got pretty banged up. Since I started smoking again I've been using a vector double guillotine. V-cut is nice on occasion. Would like to get another key ring punch, but this time I'd get a pull-apart.

Also I love the novelty of double punch cutting a lfd chisel.

Audi_kraut said:

Been v-cutting everything lately.

Yep.. Been on a V-cut binge for a year now.

Yep, anything not torpedo shaped - I V cut them all unless there is a specific reason not to do so. 

Didn't plan to, have used guillotine cutters, or cigar scissors for decades. Have used punch, they seem to get dull too quickly.

Tried the V cutter, liked it - never looked back.

Will have to look for a V cutter.  Anything folks recommend.  

I typically punch anything with a flat head and guillotine cut anything with a pointy head.  For a while, I was doing the Jorge Padron method and biting the end off.

I got a Xicar V-cutter on one of my CI orders for cheap. I used a cheap freebie for quite a while and it worked fine, too. They don't seem to get dull as fast as a normal cutter and don't end up crushing the cigar.

I do two cuts with a v-cutter to make an X. Not sure if it's any better or worse, but it works for me.

-John

obmike said:
Will have to look for a V cutter.  Anything folks recommend.  

I typically punch anything with a flat head and guillotine cut anything with a pointy head.  For a while, I was doing the Jorge Padron method and biting the end off.
I am using a xikar. It's sharp, quick and easy.

Bought it on auction, they don't usually go cheap. Seems to be a good demand.

Lately I've been using my Xikar V-Cutter more often...and did an X cut last night on a Kill Bill II. 

I seem to be using a straight cutter less and less and been going with the larger diameter punch (9mm - 11mm) or V-cut...except with the torpedoes obviously.

But then again, I'm streaky like that.

Lately I've been using my Xikar V-Cutter more often...and did an X cut last night on a Kill Bill II. 

I seem to be using a straight cutter less and less and been going with the larger diameter punch (9mm - 11mm) or V-cut...except with the torpedoes obviously.

But then again, I'm streaking like that.

Remind me to stay out of Jersey when this is happening.

If smoking in a B&M i like using the V Cut with the big handle on their countertop. Otherwise or if its a torpedo its a guillotine for me.

NullSmurf said:
My wicked sharp pocket knife.

What happened to the Havana Cutter? Just lost the last one from my case and am heartbroken. For a cheap cutter they were awesome!

No kidding it was a long time ago. The best, cheapest cutter you could buy. I should have bought more when CF had a group buy several years ago. :(

tone-ny said:

My wicked sharp pocket knife.

What happened to the Havana Cutter? Just lost the last one from my case and am heartbroken. For a cheap cutter they were awesome!

Havana Cutter!...slowly I crept...step by step....

Agreed!, they were the best single blade cutter I ever saw....cut better than most double blade cutters too. I lost my last two at the QSH. Anthony, next time you see LOS, check his pockets.