• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vendor banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys know what else is fun, beating a dead horse with a stick.

Stooping to that level won't help. Spreading the word will.

As much as it's a big world...the cigar world is a little smaller!
In my book, snitches are the scum of the earth, along with rapists, child molestors and cockroaches. They deserve whatever payback they get from others, and then some.

You may want to rethink what you just stated.

Edit - adding fuel to the fire, in that way, does not help. Simply spreading the word and not buy...that hurts more!
Ok, I thought about it some more, and I may have jumped to conclusions in the heat of the moment. Therefore, I take back what I said about cockroaches.

Seriously, though, what this guy did by ratting out the vendors on this forum was bad enough, but to also make threats to the forum itself, and indirectly, its members is just plain wrong. However, I would never do what I suggested above and agree that not patronizing his website in the future as well as spreading the word to others is the best course of action.

Now I'm thinking about ordering a whole bunch of stuff from him in separate orders and rejecting all the packages when they get here.

Why? You'd have to pay for it up front, how is that hurting him?
Not if it's paid with a credit card. Once the packages are refused and sent back, a refund can be requested. Dan, however, would not be able to recoup his shipping costs.

My suggestion would just to not do business w/ him.
Trying to f*ck him over by committing mail fraud...there can be charges brought against you.
Not worth it...for a few bucks in shipping.

EDIT: you made your most recent post, just as I made mine.

In my book, snitches are the scum of the earth, along with rapists, child molestors and cockroaches. They deserve whatever payback they get from others, and then some.
Don't get carried away here. The moral high ground is to vote with your pocketbook. More than that isn't called for and reflects badly on the rest of us.

B.B.S.

i realize that i am taking my life in my hands here. i've lived over half a century and smoked cigars for more than half of that time. i've worked for big companies and currently have owned my own small business for over ten years. i know how ruthless people in business can be. i also know that i, personally, have to hear both sides of any argument.
please realize that i am NOT disputing anything that has been said here. however, i have no knowledge of exactly what was said and to whom. with that in mind, i sent an email to the banned vendor asking for his side of this. i only wanted to be fair.
i got a reply that i found interesting. i am not posting it as i'm sure everyone has their minds set. if a consensus would be interested to see it and the admin ok's it i would post it. totally up to you guys.
i am not trying to take sides here, i just want fairness to prevail. if he's guilty as charged, then off with his head. but if there is no opposing side heard, how can it be fair?

Nothing was said, it was written. So no opposing side is needed. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt, and yes it's fair. You don't need testimony from someone who puts something in writing. Just to clarify, I am not the only vendor this is happening to over here. This is not an Al and Rod Lynching, numerous long time members and vendors have been involved. I was just the one that spoke up about it. These longtime members and vendors have reviewed the proof, made there feelings known and this vendor was banned by consensus, not by Rod.

Al

CP has been around for more than 7 years, and over the years we've had to out vendors as well as members. I take this extremely serious, and would NEVER out someone (especially in this type of situation) if I didn't have hard evidence. This isn't based off of hearsay. Feel free to communicate with Dan all you want, though it's only obvious that you'll get another side of the story, a side that is false. Dan will have to lie in attempt to recoup any part of whatever positive reputation he had. I know for a fact that this lynching was in order. If I had any doubt whatsoever that Dan was innocent, I would not have proceeded.

Rod

Don't get carried away here. The moral high ground is to vote with your pocketbook. More than that isn't called for and reflects badly on the rest of us.

You beat me to it, bro. Given how small this community is, the vendor will take a pretty big hit in sales, which should teach him a lesson. Perhaps at a later time he will have learned the lesson about 'getting along to get along'.

Rod please close this one and pin it if you can.

Agreed.

No one will be doing anything illegal towards Dan's site. If you wish to buy from him, that's your call, I'm not telling anyone not to purchase from him. He simply is not allowed at CP anymore.

I've stated the facts on what Dan has done to hinder our other more tenured vendors and members.

Let me clarify some things...

Seems this banning is causing more commotion than necessary. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and I'm not telling anyone NOT to buy from Dan. Dan is not allowed at CP for several reasons. This is not going to turn into a war amongst boards, members, vendors, manufacturers, etc. This one particular vendor was banned from CP for the reasons stated earlier, and that is final.

Let me also clarify that we had several vendors affected by the narc, NOT JUST AL. Let me also clarify that the narc reported several of our vendors to MORE THAN 1 MANUFACTURER.

Other boards may handle this situation how they see fit.

I am keeping this thread locked, however it is not gong to remain pinned. CP is not here to police the entire cigar community; I only care about protecting the members of CP and that is all. I do not want to see everyone linking to this thread from other boards. This thread is only viewable to CP members, and not guests, so please do not link to it from other boards.

Rod

Status
Not open for further replies.