• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vendor banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Feds won't prosecute marijuana cases under 500 pounds, but they do have time to look into a 'false order' case? Sorry Dan, your call to the FBI will be categorized with the lady who picks up AM radio in her teeth and is being stalked by a man who cut off his own penis.

The joke, in fact, is on you. GFY.

i realize that i am taking my life in my hands here. i've lived over half a century and smoked cigars for more than half of that time. i've worked for big companies and currently have owned my own small business for over ten years. i know how ruthless people in business can be. i also know that i, personally, have to hear both sides of any argument.
please realize that i am NOT disputing anything that has been said here. however, i have no knowledge of exactly what was said and to whom. with that in mind, i sent an email to the banned vendor asking for his side of this. i only wanted to be fair.
i got a reply that i found interesting. i am not posting it as i'm sure everyone has their minds set. if a consensus would be interested to see it and the admin ok's it i would post it. totally up to you guys.
i am not trying to take sides here, i just want fairness to prevail. if he's guilty as charged, then off with his head. but if there is no opposing side heard, how can it be fair?

i realize that i am taking my life in my hands here. i've lived over half a century and smoked cigars for more than half of that time. i've worked for big companies and currently have owned my own small business for over ten years. i know how ruthless people in business can be. i also know that i, personally, have to hear both sides of any argument.
please realize that i am NOT disputing anything that has been said here. however, i have no knowledge of exactly what was said and to whom. with that in mind, i sent an email to the banned vendor asking for his side of this. i only wanted to be fair.
i got a reply that i found interesting. i am not posting it as i'm sure everyone has their minds set. if a consensus would be interested to see it and the admin ok's it i would post it. totally up to you guys.
i am not trying to take sides here, i just want fairness to prevail. if he's guilty as charged, then off with his head. but if there is no opposing side heard, how can it be fair?

You have to have some faith. There was no opposing side POSTED. I have faith in Puffstuff and in Rod that there was a fair hearing. Post the email if you like. The vendor did nothing illegal, most likely nothing immoral. He's probably a nice guy, married, 2.5 kids and a hamster.

I don't care.

He crossed a subjective line here by crossing a very popular vendor member, and my friend. That makes him a subjective scumbag piece of shit in my book. That earns him a very subjective rail ride out of town. Good riddance.

Ya know, this is all kinda our fault for letting that stupid law pass in the first place, anyhow a Nark is a Nark.

If he would have voiced his side when Al posted that thread, his side would have been heard.

He pulled a chicken shit move, plain and simple.

There most definitely are 2 sides to the story.
And the rules of the playing field are somewhat set by the manufacturer (in this case...the lowest price that can be advertised by an authorized retailer/vendor). *Note I said authorized retailer/vendor...not a non-authorized retailer or even a private individual.

I've been on the business startup side...so I can understand when prices are sold below the minimum prices set by the manufacturer.

I'm still puzzled by what is going on/went down.

But I am even more dismayed to hear said banned vendor is upset and threatening to call the FBI.
THAT is completely the voice of a "crybaby".

Based on the situation that I've read thus far...
I was more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt before, because I tried being a vendor.
BUT the threatening to call the FBI...is low.
THIS is the reason I will NOT be spending my money w/ said vendor.

What a d1ck. I like many others, bought a sampler from him and he seemed to have a well run website. Now I'm thinking about ordering a whole bunch of stuff from him in separate orders and rejecting all the packages when they get here.

Now I'm thinking about ordering a whole bunch of stuff from him in separate orders and rejecting all the packages when they get here.

Why? You'd have to pay for it up front, how is that hurting him?

What a d1ck. I like many others, bought a sampler from him and he seemed to have a well run website. Now I'm thinking about ordering a whole bunch of stuff from him in separate orders and rejecting all the packages when they get here.

Stooping to that level won't help. Spreading the word will.

As much as it's a big world...the cigar world is a little smaller!

Wow. :rolleyes: We all know that two wrongs make a right.

I’m not a retailer so I can’t post ‘retailer specials’ but I am an employee of a B&M so I get an employee discount. Sometimes I use that discount more than I should and end up overbuying personal cigars, putting me in a position to have to sell a few sticks to make room in my cooler for my latest purchases. It’s nice that as an individual, I can pass on the savings that I receive when I purchase my personal cigars. It’s also nice to know that I’m not violating any law by doing so.

Edited to add:

My point is that it’s good for the economy for our vendors to create more jobs and offer their employees liberal employee discounts. It’s perfectly legal if that employee overfills his personal humidor or coolerdor, and decides to sell a few sticks at his cost.

alot of lines in there for someone to read between.

And

Maybe Dan didn’t break any law (that we know of), so what? The law is the minimum standard. We strive to obey the law but shouldn’t the example we set be better than the law?

Nothing was said, it was written. So no opposing side is needed. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt, and yes it's fair. You don't need testimony from someone who puts something in writing. Just to clarify, I am not the only vendor this is happening to over here. This is not an Al and Rod Lynching, numerous long time members and vendors have been involved. I was just the one that spoke up about it. These longtime members and vendors have reviewed the proof, made there feelings known and this vendor was banned by consensus, not by Rod.

Al

Now I'm thinking about ordering a whole bunch of stuff from him in separate orders and rejecting all the packages when they get here.

Not if it's paid with a credit card. Once the packages are refused and sent back, a refund can be requested. Dan, however, would not be able to recoup his shipping costs.

In my book, snitches are the scum of the earth, along with rapists, child molestors and cockroaches. They deserve whatever payback they get from others, and then some.

In my book, snitches are the scum of the earth, along with rapists, child molestors and cockroaches. They deserve whatever payback they get from others, and then some.

You may want to rethink what you just stated.
ing
Edit - adding fuel to the fire, in that way, does not help. Simply spreading the word and not buy...that hurts more!

Edit edit - "Your shipping and postage expenses are another often overlooked deduction..." ...it's a write off.

Not if it's paid with a credit card. Once the packages are refused and sent back, a refund can be requested. Dan, however, would not be able to recoup his shipping costs.

So you beat him for $20, woo hoo! I would highly suggest not doing it this way. The way this will go down, will put a HUGE damper on Dan's business. By refusing to give him our business and other boards business, he'll slowly realize how he screwed himself.

Let's collectively stick it to him by not doing business with him, not by what you suggest.

WTF? Are you some kind of Mafia hitman? While I agree that he deserves what he gets, I don't fully agree w/ them being in the same category as rapists/child molestors.

Status
Not open for further replies.