• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vendor Question

rebeldoc67

I have a question about the quality of a vendor and was wondering if someone more experienced here on the board could help me out. If so please PM me. It would be very helpful before spending "X" amount of money on bunk product.

Thanks

Everyone knows what this "vendor" sells and the kind of validation you are looking for violates the rules of this community.

Sorry to all who think this is about a cuban source it is not. I didn't realize how that would come across. Though I should have known better.

If it's not a CC vendor, then I suggest checking out some of the vendors that sell here, there are some great guys that are active members here that sell everything from Tat to Opus to Padron and everything in between.

If it's not a CC vendor, then I suggest checking out some of the vendors that sell here, there are some great guys that are active members here that sell everything from Tat to Opus to Padron and everything in between.

I second this. Just know your cryptic post insinuates that you are requesting source verification on a vendor that sells certain items that are illegal for US citizens to be in possession of.

Call me stupid, but posting a cryptic request for "vendor verification" 3 DAYS into your time here, and subsequently stating "it is not a CC vendor" once you were called on it and reminded that source verification on a CC vendor is a bannable offense reeks of deception... But hey, what do I know? Like I said, call me stupid. :rolleyes:

Typically, a vendor that sells non-Cuban cigars is not known to sell "bunk" cigars as, maybe, a vendor selling Cubans would. ??? Your post suggests you are looking for Cuban vendor verification.

I second this. Just know your cryptic post insinuates that you are requesting source verification on a vendor that sells certain items that are illegal for US citizens to be in possession of.

Call me stupid, but posting a cryptic request for "vendor verification" 3 DAYS into your time here, and subsequently stating "it is not a CC vendor" once you were called on it and reminded that source verification on a CC vendor is a bannable offense reeks of deception... But hey, what do I know? Like I said, call me stupid. :rolleyes:

Jonathan your being a little harsh on yourself LOL. :thumbs:

My thoughts exactly... except for the calling you stupid part.

I don't see any purpose in being so evasive to start out and then saying "I'm not looking for a CC vendor." No one really believes that he actually wasn't looking for a CC vendor and everyone would be happier with him if he just fessed up.

At any rate, he plenty of good suggestions for NC vendors that are trustworthy now.

I have a different take on this question based on some experience with rebeldoc. I've talked with Aaron a couple of time and I'm not sure this was a request for CC information, but I agree that it is what it sounds like. I also don't know why it was so cryptic. My rational for this is as follows:

A cigar lounge is going to open soon in our little town. The owner is a nice guy and admittedly very new to cigars. Aaron works for him and is helping decide what lines to carry in the shop. I met Aaron and the owner last Wednesday. They were nice enough to give me a tour of the humidor and shop before it has opened. They also asked what lines i would like to see in the store. I suggested Tats, Illusiones, LFD and thought of Padilla later. Now, because many parties involved in the set up of this store have limited knowledge compared tot he combined knowledge and experience of members here, the question may have been more about a specific manufacturer that they are thinking about carrying, but have little to no direct knowledge of. So it may be that they have heard negative comments on a manufacturer and left it cryptic so as not to bad mouth them based on rumors.

I could be completely wrong here, but I'm currently giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'll also ask the question I told the owner and Aaron I would. What is the best way to try and get an account with Tatuaje, LFD and Illusione? I don't know if he will decide to carry them but it never hurts to have all the information in front of you before yo make a decision.

That makes more sense Jim, now if he could just weigh in and tell us the whole story... If you say he's a solid dude, then I'm fine, I just think it would be beneficial for him to share the whole story.