• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Very tight draw ISOMS

Gator

Maybe it's just a run of bad luck, but the isoms i've clipped to smoke almost all have a tight draw, many too tight to smoke. Most of these are aged 6-8 years, and have been stored by me for months at 65-67. Yeah, i've tried dry boxing for a day, didn't make a difference that was noticeable.

Is this pretty common?

Maybe it's just a run of bad luck, but the isoms i've clipped to smoke almost all have a tight draw, many too tight to smoke. Most of these are aged 6-8 years, and have been stored by me for months at 65-67. Yeah, i've tried dry boxing for a day, didn't make a difference that was noticeable.

Is this pretty common?

Try giving them time at 60-62%. I try to keep my RH below 65% and generally don't have draw issues.

Agreed. Keep these smokes below 65% and generally they smoke better.

Brian

It may be due more to the QC issues of the years they were rolled than the humidity. A poker is a friend in these instances.

Are they Monte #2s?
Those F@#$!&S have given me nothing but trouble! :angry:
...but I love how they taste...
Those F@#$!&S !!!!!!

C&G...what is it with "love / hate" relationships?

PS. ...oh... other than that, I have had no problems. :)

It may be due more to the QC issues of the years they were rolled than the humidity. A poker is a friend in these instances.

QC I could see if it was sporatic or just affected one box, but when they are all tight it leads me to believe the hight RH is the culprit. Granted 99-01 were not the best years for QC.

Is this pretty common?

Interesting that you mention they are 6-8 years old, 2000's are known for construction problems. I have heard that the Quality control has improved since 06 and my experience seems to confirm that. However I smoked a semi-plugged montecristo no. 4 from 06 just today. try a cigar poker.

-mark

Frank,

That's what you get for smoking that old crap. Buy some fresh sticks and you'll be happy.

Wilkey

Frank,

That's what you get for smoking that old crap. Buy some fresh sticks and you'll be happy.

Wilkey

X2

Please send them to me as I'm older than you and know how to smoke old cigars :whistling:

I saw you deftly working that aged Fundadores at Havana Dreams. :laugh:

Wilkey

I have had nothing but problems with all things Partagas of recent years.

I have had nothing but problems with all things Partagas of recent years.

I've yet to encounter a plugged Partagas, and I've smoked them as many as any other brand...if anything, they've been undefilled. I've smoked only 2003-2006 era.

Is this pretty common?

Gator...is this one brand or several? I have to agree on it being the bad era of quality control.

Is this pretty common?

I would give them up all together. Stick with NC's

I have had the same issue with a few VR's that were gifted to me in march...tight as all heck.

With respect to the 1999 to 2000 era, was it just bad QC? Was the tobacco still of the same quality, and the rollers were just not as skilled?