• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Viejo paso de los miembros

This clip isn't funny but its pretty amusing/entertaining to me. It is the guitar battle between Steve Vai and Ralph Macchio from the Movie "Crossroads" (not the one with Britney Spears :p) Ralph is basically battling the devil's frontman for the soul of his blues guitar mentor. The apex of the battle has amazed me since I first heard it. Both parts of the grand finale are actually played by Steve Vai.

Full version
Steve Vai vs. Karate Kid

Just the grand finale
Short version

It's not a pug, but it is pug ugly. :laugh:

LT Wyatt 'Brickhouse' Bickett
ChemoCamo2.jpg

You know I got nothin' but love for you Wyatt :D
Somebody should check that guy's ID.

NA

guy????

That photo needs to come off of the damn server! ROFL

Nice play Mike, I expect half the winnings if it is picked LOL

Both parts of the grand finale are actually played by Steve Vai.

Ry Cooder and Steve Vai, with a couple of the classical parts played by Bill Kanengiser... though you'll hear arguments that Arlen Roth was the one playing almost all of Ry Cooder's parts. Arlen Roth coached Ralph Macchio on faking the playing (and did a good job, IMO) but did not do any of the "cuttin' heads" playing. There was a different ending recorded with Shuggy Otis playing, but it's not on the movie. It is on a Steve Vai boxed set CD though. :)

That is really interesting, I had heard that Ry Cooder's parts of the cuttin heads segment were also played by Steve Vai. How does the Shuggy Otis ending differ? Is it still a classical variation?

There's a lot of back and forth, mostly Arlen Roth saying he did everything. I don't have the Steve Vai CD, so I'm not sure. Just read that part a while back and remembered it. I think that when Jack Butler is cuttin' heads when Macchio and "Willie" walk in, that is Shuggy playing too.

Gentlemen, great pictures!!! :D

The winner of the best picture:

halloween-pug-786263.jpg

Gary, congratulations! :)

Post # 1289 and 1302 were right up there.

Although I posted best picture, this video was truly excellent, so a prize package will be awarded also.

"Dogs are for kids"

Mark, congratulations! :)

Having two of these little beasts running around the house made this a great contest to watch, thank you.

Packages will be mailed out on Tuesday.

Many thanks to everyone that participated and watched this contest. :thumbs:

AWESOME!! Very nice gesture Devin, and congrats to two lucky bastiges!! Way to go!!

Brandon

Nicely done!

For once I try and lean towards the interest of the judge and get shut out, DAMMIT!

Nicely done!

For once I try and lean towards the interest of the judge and get shut out, DAMMIT!

I didn't have the final word...

My wife did. :D

I was hoping that was the case! :whistling:

My friend has one....the image on his phone is a nice photo of the dog 'smiling'....he's going to take a picture of the dogs 'back-side' and put it as the picture on his wifes phone! :laugh:

Thanks for a great contest and awesome thread!

Gary, congratulations! :)

Post # 1289 and 1302 were right up there.

Although I posted best picture, this video was truly excellent, so a prize package will be awarded also.

"Dogs are for kids"

Mark, congratulations! :)

WTG, Gary! It looks like you had first place locked up with the top three entries. And I thought Devin wanted pics of boxers... ;)

Congrats, fellas!