• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Vikings 2008

Vikings missed out, they could have had pro bowl QB Derrick Anderson from my Brownies....

Pretty clear from that preseason performance against the Seahawks that the Vikings have a long way to go if they want to be playing games in January... Not that this isn't possible, it was just painfully obvious that the Vikings don't have nearly the depth that the Seahawks have, and in the NFL, injuries happen.

Im a huge Steeler fan, but I must say I like the vikes. I think if Jackson can just mange a game rather than taking big risks, and trying to make a big play. The vikes can go along way. I think the vikes need to use jackson in the same way the steelers did to big ben when he was a rookie. Make a play here and there and manage the game and let the running do the winning. The vikes have one of the best rushing attack that I have seen in years. If they can do that, the vikes have a chance. Defense will get there, I have no question about that.

Big Pat Williams didn't even suit up for the Vikes that night. He'll be a load to run against I'm not worried about the Vikes run D. Its the pass D that worries me and that's why they acquired Jared Allen to take pressure off the coverage guys.

OMG, please don't let this tun into another "Cory" thing, and btw :sign: , sorry was that out loud?

Pretty clear from that preseason performance against the Seahawks that the Vikings have a long way to go if they want to be playing games in January... Not that this isn't possible, it was just painfully obvious that the Vikings don't have nearly the depth that the Seahawks have, and in the NFL, injuries happen.

Preseason games mean absolutely nothing.

T Jack is injury prone..........he won't last the season. Better start looking for someone other than Gus Frerotte.

One little boo boo and you're ready to throw in the towel? You know they're going to be extra cautious with this since it's preseason.

It would be nice to have a bit better backup than Frerotte, but it's slim pickings out there right now.

One little boo boo and you're ready to throw in the towel? You know they're going to be extra cautious with this since it's preseason.

I'm just saying some guys are injury prone through no fault of their own. I think T Jack is one of those guys. Three years with the Vikes and three times he's been injured enough to keep him from playing.

I see what you're saying, but he has a bruise on his knee. :)

I wonder if they'd have the guts to bring Culpepper back into the team as a backup? Maybe Leftwich? There aren't a lot of backups out there right now. I'm sure that after the first couple of cuts they'll have to make some kind of move. The division is there for the taking if they get decent QB play. They won't get out of the first round of the playoffs without exceptional QB play, though.

Jackson looks to have improved a great deal. Were I a Vikings fan, I'd be pretty excited about the upcoming season.

I wonder if they'd have the guts to bring Culpepper back into the team as a backup? Maybe Leftwich? There aren't a lot of backups out there right now.

When Favre was available I was hoping he'd end up with the Vikes, but when that didn't happen I was hoping he'd end up with Tampa freeing up Garcia to come to the Vikes. Just hopeful dreaming. I'm not one that's to high on Jackson, what's McNabb doing?

I wonder if they'd have the guts to bring Culpepper back into the team as a backup? Maybe Leftwich? There aren't a lot of backups out there right now.

When Favre was available I was hoping he'd end up with the Vikes, but when that didn't happen I was hoping he'd end up with Tampa freeing up Garcia to come to the Vikes. Just hopeful dreaming. I'm not one that's to high on Jackson, what's McNabb doing?

He's busy being under appreciated in Philly. :)

His contract comes under review after this season and many think it will be his last year in Philadelphia. He'll probably end up in Chicago if they're willing to pay him (hometown), but it would be interesting to see him in Minnesota.

Monday Night Football...

Vikings are going to Green Bay to Pack those bitches. :laugh:

Vikes 27 - Pack 14

2376782164a6800094369l.jpg

Huge Viking fan here!!!

Jackson as already mentioned, is the key to the season. If he stays healthy and improves on last years stats, the Vikings are legit playoff contenders. The additions of Berrian asnd Jared Allen will be huge in terms of improving the passing game and pass rush, both of which were serious issues last season.

What an embarrassment!

I never thought that TJack was a quality QB and he's done nothing to disprove it.

I'm sure the plane ride home was awful tense.

Give the ball to Adrian Peterson more and get a better QB (Culpepper would be a step forward)..........the rest will take care of itself. :angry:

Not sure how you can pin that on Jackson?

He can only run the plays that are called. 7 attempts in the 1st half???????????????/

yes, he needs to improve his accuracy no doubt. BUt the kid stood in there and took a beating and delivered some very nice passes. Made a couple of throws that should have been caught as well.

Play calling and special teams were horrible last night. How Chilldress can come from a team like Philly where they had Westbrook and not incorporate Peterson in the pass game at all is beyond me. The kid is a beast but he is not being used right IMO.

The play calling was not good, but the protection for Jackson was practically nonexistent. The Packers were in his face ALL NIGHT. I thought he played fairly well considering he was getting the snot knocked out of him almost every down. The defense didn't do them many favors either. Jared Allen may as well been in the bar having a few beers. They didn't get pressure on Rodgers very much at all.

Jackson does have some blame for that INT, though. That was an absolutely terrible throw at the worst possible time. He's got to make better decisions than that.

I'm not sure the Vikings have much confidence in Peterson as a receiver. I don't know why, he performed pretty well the few times they threw to him last year.

Based on Week 1 it looks like the NFC North is up for grabs. Of course, that's based on Week 1, so things could change dramatically.