• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Viper's beads in bowls Vs. mesh bags.

BlindedByScience

Proud Father of a Kearney, NE LEO
Staff member
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but after a small spill and a couple of near misses, I broke down and ordered some of Heartfelt's nice mesh bags for my humidity control beads. Son of a gun, the beads work better than the shallow bowls I had them in, and they take up less room and are easier to squeeze in my too darn full coolers. Got to be the increase in available surface area....

In any event, while bowls / trays / etc will "work", Viper's nice mesh bags do seem to open up more surface area and let the magic beads do their thing with even better efficiency than my previous solution. Easy to "hose down" with my spray bottle full of DI. Well worth the three bucks or so that they cost....highly recommended.... :thumbs:

Cheers, gentlemen - B.B.S.

x2 B.B.S. :thumbs:
I have a mesh bag in my coolerdor... The mesh bag is nice!!!

in my coolerdor i have a small plastic container with holes drilled in it and lined with a plastic mesh. i also own the mesh bag from viper and that works very well (in my desktop).

Brandon uses his own nylons to keep the beads in.

Good idea BBS. I keep my beads in plastic freezer containers (with the lids removed) and had never had an "accident" until last week when I dumped them. :0 What a PITA is was to gather them all up.

Good idea BBS. I keep my beads in plastic freezer containers (with the lids removed) and had never had an "accident" until last week when I dumped them. :0 What a PITA is was to gather them all up.
I had a soap container like you'd see in the camping section of the store, drilled full of holes with the top cut off in my desktop. In my coolers, I used the shallow bowls or trays you'd get to put under potted plants to keep them from wrecking the surface underneath. I managed to dump about half the beads in my desktop, and a couple of days later had a near miss in one of my coolers only spilling "some" of the little rascals. You are right; they are a complete PITA to clean up. Pissed me off, made me drink, etc.... :p

In any event, the mesh bags from Viper are pretty schpanky and actually seem to work better.

Anything to reduce aggrivation long term, right....??... :thumbs:

Cheers, guys - B.B.S.

I didn't care for the mesh bags myself...
It's better then dumping your beads all over like I have on occasion!
I think I will get some panty hose and rubber band them over the top of the plastic tub I am using now!

-Rob

I didnt want to create a whole new thread for this, so I decided to pst my question here. Sorry for inconvinence. I was wondering if they was any company that ships these humidity beads world wide. Thanks in advance.

Yeh those mesh bags rule. I don't know what I was thinking when I sprung for the tubes. I tried to justify it by appearance, but after ordering a mesh bag and 1/2 a pound for my little brother - the bags actually look better than the tubes. Less medical like.

Anyhow, they are really nice. Worth the few bucks for sure.

I have my beads in a container also and have spilled them a few times. I really need to get one of those bags.

I didnt want to create a whole new thread for this, so I decided to pst my question here. Sorry for inconvinence. I was wondering if they was any company that ships these humidity beads world wide. Thanks in advance.

I'm sure Viper ships eveywhere in the universe, wherever there are
cigar smokers :) Here's his Website
shoot him an email.

Brian

I divided half a pound of beads into 6 of those little wedding cache bags, the ones the PC folks now fill with bird seed instead of rice to throw at the newlyweds. Spread out in the cabidor, the do the job well.

I use fish tank filter media bags from PetCo. I didn't realize Viper sold bags or I would have gotten them from him. They look like the same thing to me, but there may be some difference.

The only thing I don't like about using the bags is the dust from the beads that is left behind. It is nice to not worry about spillage, though.

I agree, the mesh bags are best. I tried bowls(spilled), tubes(leaked smaller fragments). Plus they are cheap. When I order a LB I add two half-LB bags for $6 total!

Yes i just order a pound of the viper beads and two mesh bags. One for my desk top humi and one for my cooledor. I can't wait till they get here.

Info for others: Shipping to asia for about 1.5 lbs of beads and other stuff is about 18 USD.