• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

vitasea - my post

I guess you won't be having to ban him now:

Florida Man Accused of Smuggling 28,000 Cuban Cigars Into U.S.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
E-MailPrint
Share:
FORT MYERS, Fla. — A southwest Florida man faces federal charges after authorities accused him of illegally importing more than 28,000 Cuban cigars.

Authorities suspect 68-year-old Douglas Hiner of Port Charlotte also smuggled 42 bottles of Cuban rum into the United States.

Authorities say they stopped a 53-foot sailboat carrying Cuban cigars and rum in the waters near Tampa earlier this month. They than located a storage unit they say Hiner used to store the contraband in Fort Myers, a city about two hours south of Tampa.

Court records show Hiner is free on $50,000 bond and has pleaded not guilty. A phone message left with his attorney was not immediately returned Saturday.

Fakes or not, they are still Cuban contraband... oopsie

I guess you won't be having to ban him now:

Florida Man Accused of Smuggling 28,000 Cuban Cigars Into U.S.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
E-MailPrint
Share:
FORT MYERS, Fla. — A southwest Florida man faces federal charges after authorities accused him of illegally importing more than 28,000 Cuban cigars.

Authorities suspect 68-year-old Douglas Hiner of Port Charlotte also smuggled 42 bottles of Cuban rum into the United States.

Authorities say they stopped a 53-foot sailboat carrying Cuban cigars and rum in the waters near Tampa earlier this month. They than located a storage unit they say Hiner used to store the contraband in Fort Myers, a city about two hours south of Tampa.

Court records show Hiner is free on $50,000 bond and has pleaded not guilty. A phone message left with his attorney was not immediately returned Saturday.

Very well written news story. :rolleyes:

"They than located...."

:laugh:

Hey abe, how's your convicted drug dealer buddy Alex doing these days? You still standing by your man? :laugh:

Fakes or not, they are still Cuban contraband... oopsie

Fake as a $3 bill, but it appears he was procuring them in Cuba, so it's still trading with the enemy.

And if I'm not mistaken, even if he was getting them in the Bahamas or somewhere Americans can legally travel, and even if they were fakes made in the Bahamas or somewhere, it's still considered to be an embargo violation because he's knowingly trying to sell something as a contraband Cuban-made article.

Hey abe, how's your convicted drug dealer buddy Alex doing these days? You still standing by your man? :laugh:

Offense Date / Offense Sentence / Date / County Case No. / Supervision Length
04/24/2007 / COCAINE - POSSESSION / 06/26/2007 / BROWARD 0707615 / 3Y 0M 0D

That's the last I heard... second strike...

Geeppers! I cannot still believe he was around.

WOW!!! this guy is royally screwed. the gov't will definitely try and make a BIG example out of him

More news:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008/may/24...rs-southwest-f/

And Alex is doing just fine, Bill. Thanks for asking.
From the article:
On May 13, U.S. Coast Guard and Customs and Border Patrol marine agents intercepted and boarded a sailboat owned by Hiner, the captain.

A 53-foot sloop, “Vitamin Sea,” was returning from Havana carrying 361 Cuban cigars and Cuban cigarettes.
Vitamin Sea.....I get it now..... :whistling:

Wait...so who's seavita?

:sign:

Looks like CA thought it newsworthy enough to put it up on their website too. twenty years for counterfeits would really suck. :0
CA Linky

Somebody that lives outside of the country should alert the DA that they are fakes. Then He can go down for fraud as well. And if all goes very well, he could get sued by Habanos SA.