• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Walk In Humidor project

dwlace01

I was researching a little the other day and came across this...Very interesting project that has some very detailed logs and cost sheets. I know there have been numerous post about something like this but I did a search and couldn't find a link to this site anywhere so I hope someone can find it as interesting as I did. Also, check out the movie the guy made of the final product!

dwl

That's a beautiful room. However, every cigar box is full which is kind of eerie. It's akin to an art collector, collect to look at the art.

Brian

Cool room, but I agree, better taste in cigars is needed and he should be smoking them! I didn't see a lot of "investment" grade cigars in there anyway, if he wants to do that he should try and pick up some more rare cigars.

An $8400 project? And that doesn't include the cost of cigars. Seems to me the project could be done nearly as well for much cheaper.

That's a beautiful room. However, every cigar box is full which is kind of eerie. It's akin to an art collector, collect to look at the art.

Brian

I'm glad somebody else noticed that. Also, all NCs. Also two boxes of Astrals - dayum! I'd say we have a newbie with very deep pockets. Nevertheless, very nice cave.

Nice, but I noticed he had his humidifier hooked up to a tap water outlet. Even with a filtration system, I'd be leary of anything other than distilled water.

I noticed the same thing on the full boxes. Good point Brian.

Check this one out!

Great details

http://www.ryandeyer.com/cigarroom/index.html

~Mark

The more I look at this idea, I like it. I only have two big objections. I would have made it a little bigger, so I could throw in a poker table. And also, I would have made a "closet humidor", or a built in corner humidor.

Also, being that air tight, I would think it would be some what sound proof. It would be nice to yell at the TV during a football game and not get yelled at. :laugh:

WOW. That other room is very nice although, I would've loved to see a large humidor or some sort of "closet humidor" in the room...Something tells me that the two desktops he has in there wont last long. ;). It's definitely a nice room/basement!!!

The more I look at this idea, I like it. I only have two big objections. I would have made it a little bigger, so I could throw in a poker table. And also, I would have made a "closet humidor", or a built in corner humidor.

No kidding. He went through all of that and only has a little desktop humidor! Room for a poker table would rock, too. :)

both are nice rooms, the first is overpriced with a lot of cigars I would give away lol.