• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Want to get a smoker

I'll add a vote for the WSM. Steady temp and great performance. I have been wanting to have someone who's is decent at metalwork bend up a few small pieces so I could remove the middle section and use it as a regular charcoal grill....

We did a boston butt over the weekend. 27 hours at 220 on one load of fuel. Had to use a spatula to pick it up because the forks just pulled through.

It's kind of like the little thermostat on a Turkey. Except on a Butt you grab the bone, if it pulls out w/o a lick of meat attached, it's good to go. :thumbs: MMM-MMM good.
If you have a Harbor Freight near by, they have rubber gloves that are insulated. They are great for lifting a PB out of the smoker so it doesn't fall apart. They are cheap too.
I just tried to find them on their website with no luck. You may have to go in and check if you are interested.
Here's another link.
http://store.bbqgalore.com/store/product/2550/Insulated-Rubber-Food-Gloves/

Got 14 hours into the one for tomorrow will be close to another 27-28 when I pull it out.

Got 14 hours into the one for tomorrow will be close to another 27-28 when I pull it out.
Damn sounds like you got the hang of it. I am doing a brisket tomorrow. Just rubbed it down and put in the fridge.

I just put in my request to the wife for a Electric Cabinet Smoker (masterbuilt) for Fathers Day. My reasons are thus:

1. Brent said he has one
2. Brent says it works fine
3. I want to be like Brent.

The Tri-fecta of logic.

Smoked brisket:

32513_392757966526_744321526_4278978_5764085_n.jpg

What's left of 2 slab of ribs I smoked.

28213_397517271526_744321526_4401272_5079405_n.jpg

I just put in my request to the wife for a Electric Cabinet Smoker (masterbuilt) for Fathers Day. My reasons are thus:

1. Brent said he has one

The Tri-fecta of logic.

You are a wise man.

Just convinced the wife for the WSM.(Fathers Day) It is bad ass and worth every penny. I know case I own the of their gas grill. But this WSM Rock the mother Fing house. Well enjoy it for years to come. oh 18 1/2. Goggle is your friend!!!!! THats how I knew this was the ticket. Now Im a newbie at yet another hobby :thumbs: :love:

just bought the wsm myself. Anyone have any good tips? i smoked a few butts the other day but really had a time keeping the temp up. I suppose I was not using enough fuel but not sure.

just bought the wsm myself. Anyone have any good tips? i smoked a few butts the other day but really had a time keeping the temp up. I suppose I was not using enough fuel but not sure.
www.virtualweberbullet.com - That's a great site that has just about everything you need (or want) to know about the WSM. When I got my bullet a few years ago I just started out with their recipies and operating suggestions and then tweeked them to my liking. The Minion method works great for overnight smokes.

For me my temp was running High.300 They said its cuase of the shiney inside still that it takes 2-3 smokings to build up greese and smoke. I believe you need to use 1 1/2 to 2 chimneys of coal to have enought and keep records too!!!

That website mentioned recently is awesome and the Utube clips :thumbs:

1. Brent said he has one

The Tri-fecta of logic.

Get in line bully! I have one, I AM like Brent, already! :D

Good luck with it Ketch! Thanks for having us last night. :thumbs:

Best,

Filipino Brent :D

:sign: :sign: :sign:

BTW, was watching Jon Stewart and he used the, "release the Kraken" reference! Hilarious.

Well i am ready to order a smoker and i was going to get the masterbuilt electric from walmat for around $175 but it is out of stock and i found a site selling the wsm 18.5 for $240 free shipping so as long as they still have them left i plan to spend the little more and get one of those. I think the warranty and no electric parts to go bad is worth a few extra bucks. If they have one left in stock when i order it it will be here tuesday so i will let you know when it comes.

ordered place $240 free shipping no tax. My link if anyone is interested it is on sale till the 23rd. Should have mine Tuesday can't wait.

ordered place $240 free shipping no tax. My link if anyone is interested it is on sale till the 23rd. Should have mine Tuesday can't wait.

Can't wait to hear how it goes, I want to get a smoker bad after reading this thread but might have to wait until my bday for it. I am looking at the electric because I already have a propane grill and I want something a bit different.

Too bad no free shipping to Hawaii!!! :angry: Guess Ill keep an eye out on craigslist.

Put it together yesterday can't wait to use it. Glad i didn't order a cover yet becuase it came with one. This thing looks awesome. Thanks everyone for the help.

Put it together yesterday can't wait to use it. Glad i didn't order a cover yet becuase it came with one. This thing looks awesome. Thanks everyone for the help.
This thread sucks without pics of the grill and first run of ribs! :rolleyes: