• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Weather

Yup. I'd see this every year in Arkansas during our annual week of winter. Best comment I've heard in regard to that:

"Four Wheel Drive is too often confused for Four Wheel Stop."
I was just telling my 12 year old this while we were driving in the snow the other day. "watch that jack ass hit the pole because he can't stop" huh you were right dad.

Here is the backyard this morning before all the kids got up and started sledding the hills... Got one more round of snow coming tonight and then we should start the slow warm up, with each day getting a little warmer before we get back to normal by next Monday...
66788B23-5D1C-4F6C-8F16-393C374249A4.jpeg

At 33 hrs after they turned the power off, we now have a water line busted in the master bath ceiling.

Insurance says they have so many claims ahead of us that it's going to be 3 days before the adjuster will be able to call us.

My math is wrong. It was at 39 hours after shutdown.

Still no power, and now we are hearing it could be Thursday...so basically when the cold weather is gone, they'll let us have our electricity back.

In the Twin Cities today we hit over ZERO degrees for the first time in nearly five days :eek:

Can you say HEAT WAVE? LOL .................... 🤣

also, to celebrate Mardi Gras today I had some fried okra & some boiled shrimp for LUNCH :D

Last edited:
At 33 hrs after they turned the power off, we now have a water line busted in the master bath ceiling.

Insurance says they have so many claims ahead of us that it's going to be 3 days before the adjuster will be able to call us.
I had a home in the Woodlands, TX and Christmas time in1989, I took the kids to Florida to see their grand parents, and I’ll never forget, on Dec 25, Christmas Day, I get a call from my neighbor, he said there is an ice slick on the street, and they think it’s coming from inside my house... It most certainly was. I had him turn the water off to the house, and took the next flight home... what a mess...

We were in the 40s yesterday (F, of course), and it felt like a heatwave after being well below freezing for over a week! I sat outside, finished one book I was working on and then started another. I was able to smoke, and actually enjoy, two cigars yesterday afternoon. All the ice and snow has now melted, and I can resume my normal daily walks with doggo. Perhaps this should be in the Happy Thread, instead...

My math is wrong. It was at 39 hours after shutdown.

Still no power, and now we are hearing it could be Thursday...so basically when the cold weather is gone, they'll let us have our electricity back.
Damn, that's so shitty! Were the power outages caused by the snow?

Damn, that's so shitty! Were the power outages caused by the snow?

Update.
56 hours after the blackout we have power.

Apparently the generators that ran on fossil fuel couldn't meet the demand when the solar and wind went offline.

There will be some heads rolling after this.

Was this with the mom group?
No, I haven’t exercised with them since Covid. This was F3. A lot more shit talking, a lot more push-ups/burpees/squats/etc and a lot more fulfilling even if everyone is middle aged and hairy.