• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Webchat testers needed

Kryo

Pyro first, smoke second
Reaction score
Hi all...

Most around here know that the current CP live chat room gets a little buggy from time to time. I have setup a temporary testing for a extremely simple web chat application and need a few people to poke around in it and give it a beating to see if it works better than what CP currently has working.

CP Test Webchat

Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Posted a couple of entries. Does the chat screen look different than the message screen? If it does, I couldn't get there. :(

I guess it's ok, but I like the undivided screen look of the original buggy software. Does seem to work smoothly with Mozilla, tho. :D

psyktek said:
Posted a couple of entries. Does the chat screen look different than the message screen? If it does, I couldn't get there. :(

I guess it's ok, but I like the undivided screen look of the original buggy software. Does seem to work smoothly with Mozilla, tho. :D

second this,

seems to work okay.

:thumbs:

Our current chat software has been running quite well for a long time. Haven't heard of it having any bugs. However, if you'd like to suggest something new, I'm open for suggestion's. The demo you're running is not the type of layout we'd be interested in. Something with more a chatroom gui is our goal.

Thanks.

I think the main problem with the current chatroom is that nobody uses it. I wonder if it's even worth it. Maybe we should just all post our AIM usernames.

Rod said:
Our current chat software has been running quite well for a long time. Haven't heard of it having any bugs. However, if you'd like to suggest something new, I'm open for suggestion's. The demo you're running is not the type of layout we'd be interested in. Something with more a chatroom gui is our goal.

Thanks.
I agree with Rod. I have probably been one of the most frequent users of the chat room and have never really had any issues with it. If we were to change it I hope it would have pretty much the same feel as the current one. Just my $.02

May'be more people would chat if you put it on the forum front page? ???

I used to sign in there pretty frequently, there were usually 5-6 or more users on a given morning. Then, for some reason, I stopped checking in and when I did, it was always empty.

Oh, and it doesn't play well with Firebird, haven't tried it with Mozilla. Worked find with IE though.

The chatroom used to be very active. I'm sure it will pick up again one day...

If you guys want me to install a java based chatroom, I'll be more than happy to do it. That way you guys out on IRC can connect from the outside.

Let me know...

Rod

I tried it and it's not a bad program. Just like veryone else stated about the present chat room, I have had no problems except that lately there's no one there. I too hope it picks back up, probably will when it get cold up North...... :D :thumbs: :p