• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well I guess we will have our schmale

Wurm

Bratwurst and Beer
Due to this thread and its many questions, I sent an email to info@schmale.de asking them simply "Is schmale the only box clasp manufacturer or are there also clasps made in Italy?"

Well it seems I set off some type of crap storm at the Schmale company...

I sent the original email on the 27th of Feb, on the next day I received 2 read confirmations and one reply promising that I would be answered by the owner herself within a week.

I then received read confirmations on 1st of March and the 8th March as my email bounced its way up the chain of command. (I work for a Germany company so this doesn't surprise me too much, the Germans invented red tape.)

Then today I received a mail from Frau Schmale herself stating:

Dear Mr Adams I would love to answer any and all questions you have regarding this matter over a telephone conversation, please send me your telephone number and I will call you at my earliest convenience tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Christiane Schmale

So to be honest I really don't know what to think, but having gone to a German Business school and having experienced German management paranoia first hand working for a German company, I think I must have asked a simple (in my opinion) question that is in reality not so simple at all.

Well gents I'm going to go write Frau Schmale back and send her my telephone number. Whatever I find out in the next day or two, I'll be posting here in this thread...

Stay tuned :)

Damn, you gents get to the bottom of things!

I'm glad you don't work for the IRS! :p

n

My Uncle works for the IRS as a auditor... hes also a SF Vietnam vet with 3 tours, one of them as a A team leader...

Someone you DON'T want looking into your discrepancies, even after all these years hes one of the scariest people I know.

preembargo said:
Send your phone # on a resume :)
[snapback]299304[/snapback]​

hehe If I wanted to move I would...

Wurm said:
Due to this thread and its many questions, I sent an email to info@schmale.de asking them simply "Is schmale the only box clasp manufacturer or are there also clasps made in Italy?"

Well it seems I set off some type of crap storm at the Schmale company...

I sent the original email on the 27th of Feb, on the next day I received 2 read confirmations and one reply promising that I would be answered by the owner herself within a week.

I then received read confirmations on 1st of March and the 8th March as my email bounced its way up the chain of command. (I work for a Germany company so this doesn't surprise me too much, the Germans invented red tape.)

Then today I received a mail from Frau Schmale herself stating:

Dear Mr Adams I would love to answer any and all questions you have regarding this matter over a telephone conversation, please send me your telephone number and I will call you at my earliest convenience tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Christiane Schmale

So to be honest I really don't know what to think, but having gone to a German Business school and having experienced German management paranoia first hand working for a German company, I think I must have asked a simple (in my opinion) question that is in reality not so simple at all.

Well gents I'm going to go write Frau Schmale back and send her my telephone number. Whatever I find out in the next day or two, I'll be posting here in this thread...

Stay tuned :)
[snapback]299292[/snapback]​

Talk about German efficiency! :sign: Looking forward to the findings Shawn, good work. :thumbs:

Yikes,

I'm waiting with bated breath. Good luck, Shawn. And remember, if it gets akward, just ask her "Welche Kleider Sie sind tragend Frau Schmale?" :D

Wilkey

Ginseng said:
Yikes,

I'm waiting with bated breath. Good luck, Shawn. And remember, if it gets awkward, just ask her "Welche Kleider Sie sind tragend Frau Schmale?" :D

Wilkey
[snapback]299509[/snapback]​

Oh that will go over good :p :laugh:

*edit* And I think the reason she wants to call me is to avoid having the answer down on paper (email), and so does my wife after reading her email.

I think that lost something in the translation. i typed it into an online translator and got: "Which dresses you are basic Mrs narrow"

I don't get it.

I am intrigued by this whole scenario, though. What's the big secret?

smokelaw1 said:
I think that lost something in the translation. i typed it into an online translator and got: "Which dresses you are basic Mrs narrow"

I don't get it.

I am intrigued by this whole scenario, though. What's the big secret?
[snapback]299541[/snapback]​

Lets just say Wilkey's German sucks and leave it at that lol...

I think what he meant to say was

"Was haben Sie für Unterwäsche an, Frau Schmale?"

lol

Wurm said:
smokelaw1 said:
I think that lost something in the translation.  i typed it into an online translator and got: "Which dresses you are basic Mrs narrow"

I don't get it. 

I am intrigued by this whole scenario, though.  What's the big secret?

lol
[snapback]299551[/snapback]​

:0 :0 :0

Wurm said:
smokelaw1 said:
I think that lost something in the translation.  i typed it into an online translator and got: "Which dresses you are basic Mrs narrow"

I don't get it. 

I am intrigued by this whole scenario, though.  What's the big secret?

lol
[snapback]299551[/snapback]​

Why does that question make me tight in the pants? :p

Wilkey

Ok my knee scraping, kotowing email containing my telephone number is off...

I just hope I'm not too stoned from the pain killers I'm taking to be incoherent when she calls.

Well I just got a few boxes in the mail, and all of the clasps are exactly identical to the schmale clasps, except these ones now say "Made in Nigeria". Is there anything fishy about that? :0

Just kidding, I hope everyone reads this far before they start firing off replies! :thumbs:

Good thing I read your whole post Gonz, or else I would be wanting my money back!

Sounds like bogus clasps. If you look real close at those clasps, I bet you that in fine print there is a plea to put some money in your bank account.

Would the name be Phish Clasp?

Gonz said:
Well I just got a few boxes in the mail, and all of the clasps are exactly identical to the schmale clasps, except these ones now say "Made in Nigeria". Is there anything fishy about that? :0
[snapback]299617[/snapback]​

Are these from that Nigerian box split where you're supposed to deposit them and then you get to keep a fiver out of 'em? :laugh: