• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Well I guess we will have our schmale

The only thing I can add to try to help in the research is that after borrowing a Jewelers Loop from a friend of mine I went through the "MRN" book looking for a box where I could see the inside of a clasp that was not from Germany. On Page 463 there is a box of 1996 Siboney Especiales where under magnification you can see "Fiochi Italy" on the inside of the clasp.

How this info helps I don't know??
Just another little proof that Italy clasp might be on the legit box(as Wilkey mentioned before)

Vot,

I only recently came upon a legit box with the Italy-sourced brooch. Guys like The Master reported having such specimens some time ago way back in one of Shawn's early threads on this subject.

Still, there's nothing like seeing something to help you believe.

Wilkey

Vot,

I only recently came upon a legit box with the Italy-sourced brooch. Guys like The Master reported having such specimens some time ago way back in one of Shawn's early threads on this subject.

Wilkey

The master said he had NO Italian clasp boxes.

Frau Schmale is on vacation until the end of next week, I can't wait to see what she has to say about this.

Doh,

It was someone else. Damn. Am I going to have to scour the other boards for the reference now?

Thanks for the clarification.

Wilkey

Hi Gents my compliments on all your efforts to get to the bottom of this.....I know I am new here but but I think I can help.......First of all Fioccia Italy clasps have been used for at least 10 years that I know of, also if you go back further to 1994 or so you might see another clasp which reads SWIP 2 SHB
Going back even further into the 80s you may find no markings at all....I am not disputing any of the claims about shemale and a 100 year old relationship....My only observation is that many clasps have been used over the years regardless if there was a contract or not with shemale... Please forgive the fact that I have jumped into a very hot topic so soon.....I know I am new here but I had to add my info...... If you have a box with Fioccia Italy you may have an authentic box.....I know im going to get a flood of responses please forgive me in advance Im just learning how to meneuver around the site........There is a very simple way of determining authenticity of what I have stated above.........Anyone who bought cigars from Govt authorized store in that place would be holding the real deal.....

my "canadian friend" just received a box(from 1997) from LCDH with italian clasp... Guess fake... huh?

Well... I guess NOT!!!...
So, my "canadian friend" will smoke them with pleasure :D
That is a box of Monte Especiales #1... lovely

Doh,

It was someone else. Damn. Am I going to have to scour the other boards for the reference now?

Thanks for the clarification.

Wilkey

Wilkey,
I had to give a credit to somebody... saw it in your post.

:D
If you think you did not deserve it than pass it to one who does

:p

Well... I guess NOT!!!...
So, my "canadian friend" will smoke them with pleasure :D
That is a box of Monte Especiales #1... lovely

I've seen the Italian clasps on the above as well. Also several Trini Fundadores boxes. All stock had '98 codes, from two different factories.

Vot,

Wilkey

Frau Schmale is on vacation until the end of next week, I can't wait to see what she has to say about this.

I have some Italian Schmale and said so before. They are genuine. I probably still have the boxes. I am sure I can find them and photograph them if it adds any useful info.

Vot,

Wilkey

I have some Italian Schmale and said so before. They are genuine. I probably still have the boxes. I am sure I can find them and photograph them if it adds any useful info.

Thanks, Michel. That would be helpful.

Wilkey