• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Welp. Guess I'm the oldest now. :-/

My older sister Dawn was a . . . force of nature.

Curious, whipsmart, endlessly creative, and in the tradition of eldest children everywhere, never less than right about absolutely everything.

I loved her bunches. Admired her just as much.

Fare forth brightly, my beloved & fearless one. May our ancestors welcome you with great, great joy into their bright company.

We'll keep a memory here.

~Boar

So sorry to hear. I've lost friends and a parent, but never a sibling. My families thoughts are with you and yours. Godspeed, Dawn....

Sorry for your loss, I'll keep you in my prayers; may He grant you peace and comfort.

I'm so sorry to hear. You doing alright? That is a wonderful photo -- she looks incredibly happy. Remember her always that way. Your entire family will be in my thoughts.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts 'n words. I am ..... okay. I'm not an emotional sort, unless I'm reading poetry---English teacher, go figure---so I'm still very much just kind of processing it all right now. Every once in awhile there's a moment, and it hits me, so I suspect I've got a good old-fashioned ugly cry waiting for me in a week or so when it all sinks in, but mostly .... I'm just grateful for so many things. That she reached out & grabbed me, years back, when I'd been estranged from the family for such a long damn time. That before the end she found true love with her wife, Cheri (after TWO husbands!) and they had such good years together, and that she was not alone at the end. That she left her mark on this world, in art that will live on in this world like she does in my memory.

The hard part's over for her, even as it begins for those of us who loved her. In my traditions, we lie with our bones, but live on in the stories told about us. Dawn left a LOT of damn stories behind! 😂

~Boar