• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Went beer shopping last night

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I went to Total Wine last night, as my beer selection at home is starting to dry up.

I picked up a six pack of Hoegaarden ($6.99), which I can't wait to try. Belgium white ales are one of my favorites. I also picked up some other ales which now I can't remember the names of. Just thought I'd share... :)

Glad to see you finally stopped drinking peewater. :D

Hoegaarden is alright. The Belgian white style is not my favorite by any means, but I would drink Hoegaarden over Blue Moon.

Hoegaarden is one I'll order at a bar if they have it and I want something light and tasty. Enjoy and watch out...the craft beer hobby is almost as expensive as cigars if you really get into them. :)

Hoegaarden is one I'll order at a bar if they have it and I want something light and tasty. Enjoy and watch out...the craft beer hobby is almost as expensive as cigars if you really get into them. :)

To me, it's more expensive. Hahah

Glad to hear that Rod.

Get yourself on their email list. Typically has a $1 of 6 packs or bombers priced 6.99 or more. Used to be $2 bucks off but they lost money there. :sign:

I love the Belgian Ales. My current favorite of non Trappist Ales is probably Nocturnum Delerium.
Wonderful flavor. Trappist beers are definitely my favorite. I'm really enjoying the St. Bernardus (any) right now. It has a
real nice clean finish.

I love the Belgian Ales. My current favorite of non Trappist Ales is probably Nocturnum Delerium.
Wonderful flavor. Trappist beers are definitely my favorite. I'm really enjoying the St. Bernardus (any) right now. It has a
real nice clean finish.

St. Bernardus isn't actually a Trappist, but damn if it isn't delicious! I love the Prior 8. :love:

real nice clean finish.

St. Bernardus isn't actually a Trappist, but damn if it isn't delicious! I love the Prior 8. :love:

Damn, I got fooled. Now I have to double check which are the 7. So, it looks like I'm liking the Non Trappist Belgian Ales, possibly better, than the Monk Beers. Those guys better pick up their game.
Thanks for getting me straightened out.

Rod, have you been to Hi Times Wine Cellars over in Costa Mesa yet?

If you like Belgian whites you might also try Chimay white label (I think the name is Cinq Cents), Delerium Tremens as was stated above, Allagash White, and Unibroue Blanche de Chambly.

We need to setup another beer tasting. Unfortunately I don't have a house to offer to host.

I have trouble finding it at restaurants, but Blanche de Bruxelles. Its a good white ale.