• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2020

Brickhouse,

1: GMG Jim Bowie with wifi.

2: Yes, but I go and look at the unit on the grill. The wifi app is sketchy at best.

3: No, I used the wired thermometer from the front port into the meat. I put it into the big prt of the meat, which definitely allowed the smaller pend to get over done.

4: No, but after this goat screw, I'm going to.

I'll work on calibrating as soon as I get a chance. I'll post a follow up.

My "225 to 160" just means I set the smoker temp at 225 degrees, and put them brisket in to cook until it reached 160 degrees. I pulled it out, wrapped it in pink paper wrap, and then put it back in, to cook until it hit 195 degrees. I took it out, wrapped it in a towel and then into a cooler for 90 minutes, give or take a few.

I appreciate the insight. I'm gonna figure it out, one way or the other. Too much money to let go to chit!

Floyd T

I always wrap mine in foil, towel, then set in a cooler. I usually only do about 45mins to 1hr. That brisket will continue to cook in the cooler. I wonder if the 90mins was a bit too long and it over cooked???? Just guessing. But I overdid a brisket once....and it was overdone because I left it rest in the cooler too long.

Did a brisket on the smoker. Bought a packer trim brisket and trimmed it down. Then did a salt and pepper rub, that's it.

20210109_204109.jpg

Smoked it with apple wood, at 250ish for about 15 hours. Once it hit 165, I wrapped it in pink butcher paper and let it hit 205.

20210110_114007.jpg

Stuck it in a cooler and wrapped in a towel, for an hour, then sliced it.

20210110_123242.jpg

20210110_180616.jpg

It was a winner. We pretty much ate the flat today and will finish it off, for another meal. Thinking brisket tacos or nachos, not sure yet.