• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2021

They turned out fantastic will definitely do them again. Had the first one sliced the traditional way with some potatoes and baked beans. Turned the second into tacos. Great cut for sure! Need to try those waygu burgers!

100% invention.....

I wanted to make something on the grill/smoker today. I decided instead of mushroom stuffed flounder I was going to do flounder stuffed mushrooms.

Three huge Portobello caps, cream cheese, asiago cheese, Panko bread crumbs, the mushroom stems chopped up, flounder fillets chopped up, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a little Lannings steak sauce ( local high-end steak restaurant).

Results? YTBD I will update you in a couple hours.

20230521_171121.jpg

Turned out pretty good just pulled for sandwiches. I think it may have cooked a little hot because one of the larger muscles wasn't as tender even though it was cooked to 205. That's the trouble on the Weber sometimes.
Did you wrap and throw in a cooler for a few hours?

Did you wrap and throw in a cooler for a few hours?
I wrapped the last 2 hours of the cook and then let it rest an hour. Did not put in the cooler though. Do you find resting in the cooler finishes them better? I've got another one I'll probably cook in a few weekends.

I never wrap anything on the smoker, I just let it go to temp I want, I'm to lazy to worry about smoking to 165 and wrap. Lol

Butts / shoulders I'll pull at 203 , wrap in foil , x2 throw in small cooler , throw some towels on top and forget about for 2-7 hours. Pull amd serve.

If I want to to pull sauce and put back on smoker, I'll go 1-3 hours, usally put a prob in and wrap foil around probe and let it 205.