• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s Your Latest Purchase - 2021

Arrived today. A quick note about this.

Thanks to TexasTraveler (post above), I found the set at Lake Worth Cigars and ordered it, a couple of weeks ago. 4-5 days later, having heard nothing, I sent a polite email to them via their Contact thing on the website. A few hours later, I got a "Your Order Has Shipped" notification. But days after that, it was still showing as "Awaiting Pickup" or something like that, not actually gone out. I figured I'd just be patient, it's a small shop.

Then a few days ago, I got an email and a call from the owner, Jerry Gavito. He wanted to explain that, due to extreme weather, power outages, etc., things had been delayed a bit. He had a bunch of packages all packed and ready to go out, including mine, but when the storm hit, he had his folks unpack it all and put it back in the humidor, for fear shipping delays could harm the sticks. Then, when things cleared up, he re-packed it all, using boxes that had never left the humidor, just to be safe, and then shipped them. Mine had just gone out, and he wanted to let me know. Really nice guy, above and beyond, and I do understand Texas weather, having spent some real time there (I love Texas!). We chatted for a while, and among other things he offered to help if I want any particular Rojas cigars (which I do).

This box was very well packed (unlike some I've received from "major" online retailers). I will let it acclimate a bit, then probably put it in a large ziploc with some Bovedas to rest for a week or so. But Lake Worth Cigars has a new and devoted customer.

20210301_134105.jpg

Well, I don't know much (nuthin), but I do know that these arrived today via the Brown Truck.

Padron Serie 1926 Maduro Sampler
Padron Eight Cigar Sampler
5 pack Perdomo Habano Barrel Aged Torpedo

The dang Eight Cigar Sampler box won't fit in my Audew humidor (just a wee bit too wide). I have them in a (well seasoned) desktop for now. Guess we're gonna need a bigger boat.

View attachment 39153

View attachment 39154

View attachment 39155
I would be really curious to hear your thoughts after you smoke the Perdomos.

Arrived today. A quick note about this.

Thanks to TexasTraveler (post above), I found the set at Lake Worth Cigars and ordered it, a couple of weeks ago. 4-5 days later, having heard nothing, I sent a polite email to them via their Contact thing on the website. A few hours later, I got a "Your Order Has Shipped" notification. But days after that, it was still showing as "Awaiting Pickup" or something like that, not actually gone out. I figured I'd just be patient, it's a small shop.

Then a few days ago, I got an email and a call from the owner, Jerry Gavito. He wanted to explain that, due to extreme weather, power outages, etc., things had been delayed a bit. He had a bunch of packages all packed and ready to go out, including mine, but when the storm hit, he had his folks unpack it all and put it back in the humidor, for fear shipping delays could harm the sticks. Then, when things cleared up, he re-packed it all, using boxes that had never left the humidor, just to be safe, and then shipped them. Mine had just gone out, and he wanted to let me know. Really nice guy, above and beyond, and I do understand Texas weather, having spent some real time there (I love Texas!). We chatted for a while, and among other things he offered to help if I want any particular Rojas cigars (which I do).

This box was very well packed (unlike some I've received from "major" online retailers). I will let it acclimate a bit, then probably put it in a large ziploc with some Bovedas to rest for a week or so. But Lake Worth Cigars has a new and devoted customer.

View attachment 39551

First, thank you, as well, to @TexasTraveler. Aaron helped me with me order from them, as well. I, too, received a call from Jerry, and he is a fantastic dude. He wanted to make sure that I was the one who was doing the ordering and that my card wasn't stolen being that I was shipping to a different address (they don't ship to DPO). He understood and even said he'd look into changing their shipping policies! Whether they ship directly to me or I have to continue to use a "middle man", they have definitely earned my business again.