• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What a bummer!

CigarStone

For once, knowledge is making me poor!
I have had this lighter for several years but it hasn't been used more than 20 times. I went to drain it to put fuel in it and the little chunk of O-ring fell into my hand!

Now it won't hold fuel!

And I guess Xikar no longer stands by their warranty?

1646236533432.png
1646236789249.png

That sucks. Why do you say they won't honor their warranty?

I think that's what I've heard here? I had tried a year ago to get one repaired for a friend and Xikar's warranty was no longer?

I think that's what I've heard here? I had tried a year ago to get one repaired for a friend and Xikar's warranty was no longer?

I looked on their website and they still show they have a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects. This doesn't look like a manufacturer defect.

I looked on their website and they still show they have a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects. This doesn't look like a manufacturer defect.
They are now owned by Quality Importers and they no longer honor the "lifetime" warranty. I think they do still provide some level of defect warranty, which mine certainly is, but I've heard they are not good to work with.

UPDATE: The website for QI says they only honor the warranty if you filled out a registration within 90 days of purchase! Shame on Xikar for selling out to them!

This reaffirms my decision to go cheap. In the last month I have dropped an Xikar in the hot tub and washed one. Neither one will stay lit anymore so they got tossed... Now I am just buying those cheap torches...

I just took my exact same one to a tobacconist Jon and I go to in Richmond, VA about 6 months ago and said it won’t hold butane. He had it in stock and exchanged it right there, even though I rarely frequent the shop. They would be less likely to screw the vendors who peddle their stuff.

I’m another who now buys the cheap lighters. Have had excellent luck with Scorch lighters lately.

Xikar still stands by their warranty. My four year-old Xikar Quad Flame didn't hold fuel when I refilled it the other night. I filled out the simple claim form on their website and was immediately sent an RMA.

I do have to ship it back on my own dime which will most likely be more expensive than what my Palio cost me. Once received 2-4 weeks for a full replacement.

I had a Vertigo, but left it somewhere. So I figured if I’m going to leave shit laying around, it might as well be something cheap! So I splurged on these, and I’m surprisingly impressed…

IMG_1126.jpeg

So, what ever happened, Jeff? I always liked that Xikar lighter and very nearly bought one on more than one occasion.

The most reliable lighter I ever had was a $2.00 creme brulee single jet torch that I (my wife) picked up at the checkout counter of the grocery store. It lasted well over two years being kept outside and generally just being abused. It would fire with any butane, though I mainly used Xikar fluid. When it started acting up, it was cheap enough to just buy another one rather than dick around with it and try and fix it. Had I actually taken any semblance of care of it, the original one would most likely still be going strong.

1702376253726.png

Xikar still stands by their warranty. My four year-old Xikar Quad Flame didn't hold fuel when I refilled it the other night. I filled out the simple claim form on their website and was immediately sent an RMA.

I do have to ship it back on my own dime which will most likely be more expensive than what my Palio cost me. Once received 2-4 weeks for a full replacement.
Same here. I’ve had them replace stuff without having filled out a warranty card.

Same here. I’ve had them replace stuff without having filled out a warranty card.
Yeah, when I attempted to register my V-cutter online a few months ago I found that you don't have to register products any more.

If you had an old account with Xikar, it's gone, along with the previous registration system that Xikar had. I had the confirmation email from four years ago, but I didn't even need it. You just have to fill out this general warranty claim and take a couple pictures. No proof of purchase or anything.

My return should arrive at QI today and I'll start the countdown.

1702561576395.png

Have had two of their lighters, and when they crapped out sent them back. Got a new one within a week, in box. Not a problem.