• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What an amazing cigar!

IanHummel

I picked up a couple Monte #4's in a trade this past week after I've read nothing but great things about them. So tonight, after a devastating Bengals loss, I graded an Oktoberfest beer, my dog, a Monte #4, and headed out. We went over to the dog park and I drank my beer and smoked my first Monte #4. Needless to say, it was amazing. What a great smooth smoke, with some bite at the end. I heard so much about these cigars and now that I've smoked one, I agree, they definitely live up to the hype. I have four left and I'm torn on if I should just burn em, or let em sit?!?!?!? Regardless, I see my first box purchase (not just of these, but ever) in the near future.

I came to the top of the slope, and I'm about the go tumbling down faster than I could ever imagine. I'm picking up a cooler and ordering my beads this week and soon, my box. This is going to get ugly fast!

It's worse than crack! :whistling:

Smoke a couple and let a couple rest for a while. It brings a lot of satisfation to try a smoke with 5-6 months on it and note the differences. I've only been smoking for this long so I haven't gotten to try smokes with years on them. For me it is all part of this wonderful lifestyle... getting to taste new flavors that develop with down time.

Haven't gotten to try the #4's yet, but the #2's are also very good...

mac

I do love a good Monte No.3 or No.4. When they are on, they're some of the tastiest, most refreshing cigars out there. Get a good one and you'll learn what that mythic Monte tang is all about.

Wilkey

It's worse than crack! :whistling:

Smoke a couple and let a couple rest for a while. It brings a lot of satisfation to try a smoke with 5-6 months on it and note the differences. I've only been smoking for this long so I haven't gotten to try smokes with years on them. For me it is all part of this wonderful lifestyle... getting to taste new flavors that develop with down time.

Haven't gotten to try the #4's yet, but the #2's are also very good...

mac

I think the reason that I liked the #4's so much as because of their quickness, but not too quick. It was a good 30 minute smoke. I loved the size (PC is my favorite) and the tastes that came through it were amazing. The spices at the end really tipped it off. I will be buying many more of these in due time.

There is a reason that this is the top selling cuban smoke - there Damn Good. One of my personal favorites.

2006 has been a great year for the Monte #4's (among others).
I had one straight out of the box with no age and it was fantastic.
These will surely age well and not too pricey either.

Good call Ian! The #4 is one of my favorite smokes. It's a nice quick PC that's good straight out of the box.

I never liked the monte line other then the Edmundo I had couple of weeks ago. Monte#2 and #4 from '06 are just sitting in my humidor being aged. Hopfully it would change with time.

I never liked the monte line other then the Edmundo I had couple of weeks ago. Monte#2 and #4 from '06 are just sitting in my humidor being aged. Hopfully it would change with time.

A Monte # 2 that is "on" could make you a believer.

A Monte # 2 that is "on" could make you a believer.

My experience with the Monte lines is that they tend to be inconsistent. So i would agree with your statement that if you get one that's "on" they are fantastic. Otherwise, there is much better stuff out there for the coinage IMHO.

I have a box sitting in my humidor since 2005, they are about 3 years old and you should smell them. Deep tobaco, nutty, oily flavors...... :sign:

The 4 is the Best of the entire line with the Edmundo coming in 2nd.

The 4's and 5's make great little smokes when they've got a bit of time on them.

If it is quick and tastey you are looking for, try the Petit Edmundos. They are superb right out of the box and take about 45 minutes to smoke which is just enough time to weed and water the garden. The price is pretty reasonable as well. I've been hooked on them for about four months now and see no end in sight.

Does Monty make a DC or churchill? I am getting into this size lately. I enjoy smoking for a couple of hours on the back deck.

Does Monty make a DC or churchill? I am getting into this size lately. I enjoy smoking for a couple of hours on the back deck.
The closest you'll come is the Monte #1 which is 6 1/2 x 42.....unless you want the Monte "A" which is 9 x 47 I think.

I have been very frustrated with #4s as of late. I have a box of early '06s which have been horribly inconsistent. Some have been phenomenal, some just ok, others downright horrible. When they are on, THE best mareva out there, and there are a lot of really good ones competing for that title imo.

Does anyone have any comparative experience with the No.3? I've had a few singles in the past year and I found them enjoyable.

Agreed that if they could box up "on" No.4's with consistency, this'd be one of the best petite coronas (marevas) out there. As it is, the inconsistency definitely draws down the overall rating. I don't get the sense that this is the case with the Especiales though. Am I wrong on this?

Wilkey

Does anyone have any comparative experience with the No.3? I've had a few singles in the past year and I found them enjoyable.

Agreed that if they could box up "on" No.4's with consistency, this'd be one of the best petite coronas (marevas) out there. As it is, the inconsistency definitely draws down the overall rating. I don't get the sense that this is the case with the Especiales though. Am I wrong on this?

Wilkey

I haven't had any burn issues with the #3's but they do not pack the flavor of the #4. I'm a big fan of the Corona Vitola so I thought if I could get a longer burning #4 .... nope. Decent smoke, especially with a few years on it, smooth, more vanilla but a much lighter finish I thought. Now, the Edmundo is another story completely ...... nice smoke, woody, full flavor ...... awesome!

:cool:

I do love a good Monte No.3 or No.4. When they are on, they're some of the tastiest, most refreshing cigars out there. Get a good one and you'll learn what that mythic Monte tang is all about.

Wilkey

Great early sunday smoke!
Three mareva's for my regular rotation, Monte no.4, Diplomatico no.4 and the mild and creamy Hoyo short.