• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are the most expensive cigars you buy regularly?

Time prohibits me from smoking a ton anymore so I pretty much smoke what strikes me. I really honestly don't exercise much judgment or logic when I choose what I am going to smoke on a given day either. I have noticed that I tend to smoke my best shit on Tuesdays, for some strange reason. I know that isn't exactly what you are asking but it sort of gets at the question. Basically if I have it, I will smoke it. I would also rather have a handful of very good smokes rather than boxes upon boxes of mediocre rockets. To give you an idea, in the last two months I have smoked more than usual and I have had erm....a couple of parti shorts, a johnny o poker run, couple of standard opus/padrons 1926, Davi Millennium Lancero, an opus maduro lancero, opus shark, Monte 2000 EL, HU Super Corona, Dunhill Cab., Boli Lancero RE, CF Lancero, Don Carlos Lancero. Other than the Johnny o and the Monte 2000 I have more left of these and would smoke again within a year without feeling dirty.

Dude, you are a dick. :)

Huh? I am amateur hour compared to some of the crazy folks in this thread (I don't even own a SINGLE CF22 set let alone dozens)

Well, they're not crazy expensive but I can't get enough of the CAO Cx2 Toro's, the price is nice and for my palette, the experience is rarely a let down.

I spend on the usual stuff said here, the 26 #1 is a favorite. I prefer Diamond Corwn Maximus to Opus, but buy a lot of both (The rare Opus has always eluded me). One cigar not mentioned here is Ashton ESG and LFD Salmones. Both are $25 dollar cigars that are worth their weight in gold IMOP of course.

On top of this there are cigars like an Original Release (OR) Anejo or Opus I would love to have and would pay for, or a Padron Millenium which had also eluded me for years also the holy grail Davidoff Cuban. These types of cigars can get into the 100's!!

I'm a whore for Opus X Pussycats, I've had way to many at $11.00 a stick! :laugh:

Like everyone, I really like the Padrons. But on a regular basis and at $10-11 price point, I smoke the Ashton VSGs and starting to smoke more of the Liga # 9s.

Ken

The highest end I regularly purchase and smoke is probably the PAM line. They are my consistent favorite for the price range and availability factor. That having been said, I buy and smoke Opus and Anejo as regularly as the opportunity is afforded and occasionally mix in an ISOM when I'm fortunate enough to acquire them.

I usually get to smoke around 2-4 a week, and I find myself reaching into my second tier smokes probably 50% of the time. That'd include Tatuaje, Illusione, LFD, Pepin, and a few others. Depending on the brand and vitola, they tend to range from about $5-10.

For me, price is a factor mainly as it is used as a gauge of whether a purchase is 'worth it.' None of us wants to pay $10 for a smoke we know can be had at $5 if we wait for the right opportunity. That's not to say, however, that the $5 smoke is 1/2 as enjoyable as another $10 one I might purchase regularly. It just depends on what is available, and what is comfortably within my budget.

I've smoked at a range of income levels in the past and I certainly will not go broke for a cigar. If I find my taste is only satisfied by more expensive smokes, I'll simply smoke less frequently. There's no point in buying let alone smoking a cigar I know I will not enjoy, regardless of price. :thumbs:

I smoke mostly Fuente stuff, considered mid-range in price.
Hemi maduros, Ashton(any), and the occasional Opus and Anejo.
For me, there is no problem aging smokes, since I only smoke
5-6 boxes each year. Currently aging a box of Hemi Sig maddies,
and two boxes of San Cristobals(guajiro and clasico).

Chemyst :cool:

Probably Padron Anni and 1926. Both of these are something I really love to keep on hand. Other than that, it is all a crap shoot ( I love variety ) ranging from VSG to Devil's Weed.

Like Insight, the number of cigars I've been able to smoke the past year or so have declined a lot. back a couple of decades ago, I had a lot more time on my hands (insert regular 8-4 job lol). Now I may smoke 4 a week if I'm lucky so I guess price is relative. I used to pick up short stories before the 1990ish boom at about $1 each. During the boom they went up to like $2.25 each which was over double. Flash foward to today, If I were to smoke 2+ a day, I wouldn't be smoking what I smoke today. That being said, I've slowed down my chasing all the limited edition smokes unless I have one that I really like. I admit, its fun to chase em but I don't have the time. Fuente is really smart with Opus where if you buy 5-10 and you smoke on a limited schedule like me, when they are released the 4-5 times a year, its about the time where I'm down to my last one or two. I used to buy em by the 10-20 back a few years ago just for the sake of the chase but smoking recent ones, they aren't what they should be for some reason, so I'll pick up a couple if there is a new vitola but otherwise, I actually passed on the last shipment. There are a few cigars that I always keep on hand which are my standards, Boli RC, Trini RE, Tat 03 Cojonu, Padron 1926 #9 which I always will have at least a box but the 26 #9 is probably top end of my regular smokes. It balances out as if I smoked say 1 a day, a $6 smoke would be $42 a week. Smoking 3 #9's would be about $50 so it comes down to quality vs quantity. Soooo to answer your question, 1926, #9's ;) G1

Probably Opus for me. I don't base it on price, but I would say $10-$15 for a regularly smoked cigar is average. Although, I don't smoke all that frequently, so I am usually reaching for a better stick.

I would say Padron would fall into this category as well, but I don't smoke them regularly. I love the cigars, but I don't have them in the regular rotation. They are my favorite change of pace cigar. I don't think there has ever been one I didn't like.

I don't really get into the HTF chase anymore, but I definitely smoke what I like no matter the cost.

If it's a good $3.00 cigar, or a good $25.00 cigar, I'll smoke it. Don't really care about the price point, although I'm going to find the vendor offering the best price I can find for that particular cigar.

Lately thanks to Keystone Raider, I've been loving the Padron 44th, and go to most any Padron Vitola if I know I don't want to be dissapointed.
Woam, VSG, and Anejo are another staple, but I've never really cared for Opus X other than the Forbidden City line.

Probably Padron Anni and 1926. Both of these are something I really love to keep on hand. Other than that, it is all a crap shoot ( I love variety ) ranging from VSG to Devil's Weed.
Pretty much exactly my preference as well.

I don't really get into the HTF chase anymore, but I definitely smoke what I like no matter the cost.

If it's a good $3.00 cigar, or a good $25.00 cigar, I'll smoke it. Don't really care about the price point, although I'm going to find the vendor offering the best price I can find for that particular cigar.

Lately thanks to Keystone Raider, I've been loving the Padron 44th, and go to most any Padron Vitola if I know I don't want to be dissapointed.
Woam, VSG, and Anejo are another staple, but I've never really cared for Opus X other than the Forbidden City line.

Exactly. Plenty of times a parti short or rass sounds better than a padron 80th or casa fuente.

Well said. I have to admit, I got burned out on "the chase" some time ago. I can find pretty much anything I want, but that's not the point. There are wonderful, fantastic cigars in most every price point that I can walk into most quality B&M's or call a friend in the business and get them without having to know the "secret password". Which is one reason I like the Padron line as much as I do.....:thumbs:

Since my time restraints only allow me to smoke 2 or 3 times a week, i usually dnt mind reaching for higher end sticks. I smoke a lot of the Padron 1926 Serie, Oliva V, Ashton VSG, and a few of the Rocky Patels. But what i smoke at least once a week is the Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1070's, due to the fact of me loving a strong cigar.

Blake.

Well ,the nice thing about CP is if you look around, you learn something. We all all live by our taste-buds, followed in most cases by our wallet. I am more of a simple smoker and have come to enjoy the Padron 2000. However, most of you corrupted me into trying the Fuente SS, Anjeo and Hemingway BTL. Since I can get those at $6 per stick, I would say that currently is my high end. For my everyday fast smoke I choose Fuente Esquisitos, mainly cause I'm smoking alone and burning a great stick by myself just ain't no fun. I reserve the goodies for a herf or company. I am about to try some Best Sellers, so we'll see where that goes.

Depends whatcha mean by regularly.

Fuente HemiMads and Anejos

LA Cien Anos Belicoso

Aged and unusual Cubans

Pepin's stronger, high end, cigar like 2006, 2009, Pork Chop, and I hope soon a La Verite(Da Troot!)

But I'm usually tickled to have any cigar that's tasty and performs.