• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you brewing?

Mine too....very east to get a good beer out of it.

have a red that needs to be transferred over for carbing as a matter of fact.

t

throw I assume you meant an Irish red. Was I mistaken on that? Just curious.

I am missing so much, brewed last year with the Mr. Beer and it was a pain. Hard to clean, hard to get good beers!! Anyways, I will be buying a start up kit this year. Sad to say but I have never had a good home brew.

I bought the ingredient from a local home brew store and it is there "red ale". Since I am new at this I cant tell you the difference between a red ale or an Irish red ale. The ingredients included a whirlfloc tablet, which I added... does that make it a Irish red ale?

I bought the ingredient from a local home brew store and it is there "red ale". Since I am new at this I cant tell you the difference between a red ale or an Irish red ale. The ingredients included a whirlfloc tablet, which I added... does that make it a Irish red ale?

Nope, whirlfloc is a fining agent (makes the beer clear).

Well hell,

post up the grain bill if you know it, then we can tell you if it a beer or not....lol

tim

Just got done with a Marris Otter/Northern Brewer SMASH for my January homebrew club meeting. :thumbs:

What am I brewing..Nothing...until i get my stirplate finished, last 2 beers stalled.
but when I do brew it will be the Coffee/chocolate porter...picked up some of the coffee flavor from Midwest, want to see how it helps out the flavor

to finish the stir plate I need a stir bar and a project box of some sort....and to not be lazy

Tim

What am I brewing..Nothing...until i get my stirplate finished, last 2 beers stalled.
but when I do brew it will be the Coffee/chocolate porter...picked up some of the coffee flavor from Midwest, want to see how it helps out the flavor

to finish the stir plate I need a stir bar and a project box of some sort....and to not be lazy

Tim

You could use a cigar box...

lol, dont have one big enuff for the fan to fit in....i am using a 120mm fan

i will find something, soon

T

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2219375&id=73400301&l=0addab7114

Here's an entire brewday, and dryhopping 13 days later.

Putting together a recipe for a Black Rye IPA. Hopefully will brew it in the next few days.

I have a dunkelweizen that is just ready to drink, and a bourbon barrel ale that is in the secondary. Still real basic stuff, but I'm having fun.

I have a dunkelweizen that is just ready to drink, and a bourbon barrel ale that is in the secondary. Still real basic stuff, but I'm having fun.

That's all that matters, isn't it? :thumbs:

Just kegged my Christmas Ale. It's a lightly spiced, copper colored, malty delight. Well, the sample was, anyway.

Bourbon Vanilla Porter is coming into it's own. There's still a bit of an edge to it that I'd like to smooth out. It should be ready in a few weeks.

I just got a grain mill, so I'm scoping out my next brew. Unfortunately, it's going to have to wait until January. There's too much going on around here until then.

Just did a double batch today. Lots of work. Moose Drool clone and a...

wait for it...

A Belgian. I am gonna call it Captain Jack's Juice after my buddy's kid who "helped" me brew it (he's like, 1 years old). Should be an interesting first belgian. Gonna rack it onto some apricot puree in secondary in a few weeks.

A Belgian. I am gonna call it Captain Jack's Juice after my buddy's kid who "helped" me brew it (he's like, 1 years old). Should be an interesting first belgian. Gonna rack it onto some apricot puree in secondary in a few weeks.

Make sure you don't overcarb that beer. Sippy cups don't handle too much pressure and I'd hate to see the lad lose his share.

Just did a double batch today. Lots of work. Moose Drool clone and a...

wait for it...

We need more details than just "A Belgian"...

We need more details than just "A Belgian"...

Hey now, I don't know what's different about each Belgian!! Here's the recipe I got from byo.com:

Big Belly Belgian Blonde

5 gallons/19 L, extract with grains; OG = 1.060; FG = 1.011; IBU = 26; SRM = 5; ABV = 6.3%

Ingredients:

3.25 lbs. (1.5 kg) light dried malt extract
14 oz. (0.40 kg) light liquid malt extract (late addition)
2.0 lbs. (0.91 kg) corn sugar (late addition)
2 tsp. crushed coriander
0.5 oz (14 g) bitter orange peel
1 can Oregon apricot fruit puree
1 lb. 13 oz. (0.82 kg) Belgian Pilsner malt
3.0 oz. (85 g) Belgian aromatic malt
6 AAU Cluster hops (60 mins) (0.86 oz./24 g of 7% alpha acids)
1.3 AAU Styrian Golding hops (20 mins) (0.26 oz./7.3 g of 5% alpha acids)
1.3 AAU Styrian Golding hops (10 mins) (0.26 oz./7.3 g of 5% alpha acids)
0.25 oz. (7.1 g) Styrian Golding hops (2 mins)
Wyeast 1388 (Belgian Strong Ale) or White Labs WLP570 (Belgian Golden Ale) yeast (no starter)

lol, dont have one big enuff for the fan to fit in....i am using a 120mm fan

i will find something, soon

T

So good news, it seems the glass jar i found at a yard sell, has a indention in the bottom, and it allows it sit on the fan with now top or enclosure
so all i have to do now is wire up a power supply

Tim