• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you brewing?

Edit to add question: How much bourbon did you put in?

I don't remember. I think I just put them in a tupperware and covered them. Due to time issues, they sat in the bourbon for a long time before they were dumped in the beer. When we dumped it into the secondary, I do remember that we dumped the cubes and the bourbon straight in.

Do you know what the recycling number on those Culligan bottles that you use are Tim? I know some of them are PET, but if it's something else I'd be careful. Beer is a whole lot different chemically than water, so the "if it's safe for water, it will be fine for beer" argument doesn't really hold much weight.

Kingantz > http://www.h2osplashwaterfilters.com/pet2.html

Those are the same thing as better bottles, just without the name attached. I have a few of them that I use as secondaries and have no complaints.

On a different note, brewed an IPA Friday with a mostly Golden Promise grist, along with a little munich and caramunich, hopped with Ahtanum, Citra, Amarillo, and Columbus.

Do you know what the recycling number on those Culligan bottles that you use are Tim? I know some of them are PET, but if it's something else I'd be careful. Beer is a whole lot different chemically than water, so the "if it's safe for water, it will be fine for beer" argument doesn't really hold much weight.

They are the crappy bad for you ones, that is why I only use them once. Besides, what is a little cancer between friends.
I only use them when I need to age something, and usually nothing longer than about 3 months. I know about the risk, but I figure it is safe enough.

Tim

Spent a few hours the other night drinking and filling up barrels in my basement the other night.

photobucket-23135-1323115327257.jpg

I have a nut brown ale and some apfelwein on tap... almost done carbing up.

Also, here's my new keezer setup..
keezer2.jpg

Very nice!

Just finished building my new brew kettle, but for some reason the RTD isn't reading right. :angry:

I've got a Hop Head Double IPA that's one week into fermenting and about ready for the secondary (and dry hop addition), then a Surly Furious Clone that I'll start this weekend. All good stuff!

seems like TBD's are all I brew any more......

Brewing a Belgian table beer tomorrow, and a hoppy, American lager and kettle caramelized Scottish next Thursday.

Just bottled my double IPA last week, getting ready to bottle the Surly Furious clone today. Will be starting a Bass Ale clone next week.

Just brewed last night a blue moon clone for a friends party. Will go with a oatmeal stout prob Sunday. I just got a freezer that I added a temp control onto and dnt quite knoow how double loading it will do to the temp.......thinkking of lettting the clone brew for a week than brew my oatmeal stout......anyone have any experience with "double" loading a temp controlled freezer?

Just brewed an Arrogant Bastard, that I will age on Bourbon Barrell Oak....