• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you brewing?

I traded for this one. It works pretty well, though the hopper sucks.

My link

ETA - I wouldn't waste your time with a pasta roller.

Doesn't look like it would be too difficult to improve the hopper. I'll have to look into a mill. I was just going to go with the pasta roller at first, but you're the third person to tell me not to bother. That seals it's fate.

Sorry to pull this off topic. :blush:

A good mill was one of the best things that I bought. It has the adjustable rollers so that I can get as fine as a crush as I want.

I use a Corona mill, after about 5-6 batches I have it set right where I want it.
I run a fine crush, whit some, but not a lot of flour.
Using a SS braid lets me run finer with out a stuck sparge.

I need a corded drill, my cordless will not turn the thing...
And I always run the grain through twice.

Tim

I just pop the top on my porter that I brewed. This is by far the best beer I have made to date.
If you need a recipe let me know

Tim

I just pop the top on my porter that I brewed. This is by far the best beer I have made to date.
If you need a recipe let me know

Tim

Was it the Ed Wort Robust Porter? I brewed something really similar but made a few tweaks to it last night.

that was it....very good indeed

Tim

Nice! I lost the malto-dextrine somehow. ???

Had to replace it with carapils and used some magnum instead of the Northern Brewer since that's what I had on hand. It's chilling in the basement at the moment and I'll pitch the yeast when I get off work tomorrow. I'm becoming a big fan of no-chill.

Tim

Had to replace it with carapils and used some magnum instead of the Northern Brewer since that's what I had on hand. It's chilling in the basement at the moment and I'll pitch the yeast when I get off work tomorrow. I'm becoming a big fan of no-chill.

I also use no chill quite a bit, although last time I kinda warped the lid with the hot liquid.

Tim

I also use no chill quite a bit, although last time I kinda warped the lid with the hot liquid.

I'd recommend some Winpaks and you won't have to worry about that.

Well, I thin I am done for the year....

To much on my plate. And too many projects that cost to much $$$$

I will be back at it again in March, after I get back from my 4 month school.

Tim

So, I finally got into homebreweing as Mrs. Souldog bought me a Mr. Beer Homebrewing kit. I've heard some homebrewers snub their noses at it, but I'v eheard others say it is really simple and easy for beginners.

I've ordered some of their recipes, and my first batch will be an Oatmeal stout. I'm really looking forward to it.

I had a friend who made some interesting beers with his Mr. Beer. He decided not to stick to the recipes and added extra ingredients like peppers to a Pale Ale recipe. They turned out pretty good and a little more complex than the regular recipes.

So, I finally got into homebreweing as Mrs. Souldog bought me a Mr. Beer Homebrewing kit. I've heard some homebrewers snub their noses at it, but I'v eheard others say it is really simple and easy for beginners.

I've ordered some of their recipes, and my first batch will be an Oatmeal stout. I'm really looking forward to it.

Check out this link Jon.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/mr-beer-read-all-about-ask-questions-46360/

Welcome to brewing Jon, those Mr. Beer kits aren't bad, and a cheap option to see if you enjoy brewing. Watch out if you like it though, you'll spend all stogie money on upgrading your brew equipment (especially if you poke around that forum posted below). :laugh:

I currently have an Irish Stout fermenting.

P1000882.JPG

Welcome to brewing Jon, those Mr. Beer kits aren't bad, and a cheap option to see if you enjoy brewing. Watch out if you like it though, you'll spend all stogie money on upgrading your brew equipment (especially if you poke around that forum posted below). :laugh:

I currently have an Irish Stout fermenting.

This man speaks the truth, I'm constantly getting bits and pieces of stuff and am not even close to the setup I want to eventually have.

I just tasted a hydro sample of my Imperial Saison and it's going to be really tasty I think. Have a Robust Porter that should be ready to keg pretty soon along with a couple sours and a huge wheatwine in secondary too.

Back