• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you listening to?

lucasbuck said:
The Pursuit of Happiness Love Junk :thumbs:
[snapback]187618[/snapback]​
hey, I remember that album.
that's the one with "I'm an adult now" on it, yeah?

Had to look in the cd player this morning so I could answer accurately:

ZZ Top - Best of
Audioslave - Audioslave
Puddle of Mud - Come Clean
Amy Rigby - Till the wheel fall off
Randy Newman - Good Old Boys (remastered - special edition)

Rock on!

Cheers,
Joe

jgohlke said:
Had to look in the cd player this morning so I could answer accurately:

ZZ Top - Best of
Audioslave - Audioslave
Puddle of Mud - Come Clean
Amy Rigby - Till the wheel fall off
Randy Newman - Good Old Boys (remastered - special edition)

Rock on!

Cheers,
Joe
[snapback]187802[/snapback]​

Now there's a mix.... Gotta love AudioSlave - doin' the first US Band concert in Cuban since the late 50's!!! And I was hoping it would have been Frank Zappa :(

Currently playing, right this moment:

"Tres de Cafe y Dos de Azucar" by Johnny Pacheco y Pete "El Conde" Rodriguez.

Smokin' 70's salsa dura at its utmost.

Besides, anything on Fania is absolutely the finest - which, at any given moment, is something you can probably find me lisetning to. Hector Lavoe, Willie Colon, Adalberto Santiago, Tipica 73, Impacto Crea, Yayo, Roberto Roena, Bobby Valentin, Monguito, Azuquita, Paquito Guzman, Cheo Felciano, Eddie/Charlie Palmieri, Orchestra Harlow, etc., etc., etc. It virtually gets no finer from that era.

JAEwing said:
OK this may shake things up a bit but these are the last few CD's played in my car over the last couple days:

1. Harry Belfonte Live 89
2. Janis Joplin's Greatest Hits
3. Tom Petty Wildflowers
4. Bob Marley Legend
5. The Very Best of The Doors
6. Enya Watermark (mellow for the long commute home)

OK you guys/gals make fun, poke sticks, laugh, or comment . . . I have bared my soul  :blush:
[snapback]187626[/snapback]​

HIPPIE!

Sorry, had to do it. Actually, besides the Enya, that would be very similar to my music selection. I like to categorize my musical interest as "Just about anything except gangster rap". Everything from Rush to the Dead, Duke Ellington to Miles Davis, and Metallica to Primus.

"Randy Newman - Good Old Boys"

What a great album, er...recording!

"And I was hoping it would have been Frank Zappa :("

Frank was THE BEST!

Captain Leafheart said:
"Randy Newman - Good Old Boys"

What a great album, er...recording!

"And I was hoping it would have been Frank Zappa :("

Frank was THE BEST!
[snapback]187880[/snapback]​

moving to Montana soon....gonna be a dental floss tycoon!!!

Hippie!?! I am not even 35 :laugh:

I just like different music, never ben into what is popular at the time I was listening. You should see my collection . . . everything from Motzart to Meatoaf! Little bit of reggae, classical, pop, rock, Elvis, Aerosmith, 50's, 60's, 70's 80's etc. I am with you on the Rap . . . no Rap or Country for me.

JAEwing said:

I just like different music, never ben into what is popular at the time I was listening. You should see my collection . . . everything from Motzart to Meatoaf! Little bit of reggae, classical, pop, rock, Elvis, Aerosmith, 50's, 60's, 70's 80's etc. I am with you on the Rap . . . no Rap or Country for me.
[snapback]187891[/snapback]​

I'm all over the grid man, rap, country, rock(though I'll admit mostly rock), alternative, jazz, blues...etc.

I just love music!!!

Btw, anyone into Tom Waits?

JAEwing said:

I don't know, Jason - this scares me... I score the same on the personality test as you ("Hand-Raiser") and your selection of music is EXACTLY like mine - not a rap or country fan (expect maybe Weird Al's "Truck Driving Song")... You have a long lost brother in the midwest, by chance??? :laugh:

grand cru no 2 said:
JAEwing said:
Hippie!?! I am not even 35  :laugh:

I'm all over the grid man, rap, country, rock(though I'll admit mostly rock), alternative, jazz, blues...etc.

I just love music!!!

[snapback]187893[/snapback]​

Bone Machine is one of my favourite records

and what is with all this negativity for Country???

No Johnny Cash???
No Willie Nelson???
No Hank Williams..Patsy Cline???Buck Owens???
NO Mavericks???Merle Haggard!!!

HEATHENS!!!!

grand cru no 2 said:
JAEwing said:
Hippie!?! I am not even 35  :laugh:

I just love music!!!

[snapback]187893[/snapback]​
tom waits is great

*blackalicious - blazing arrow

Found an old Judds CD rolling aroung in the car yesterday and have been listening to it for the past two days. Bored with it now, back to Clapton and 10 Years After.

LC-Smoker said:
Currently listening to the new Howie Day CD....
[snapback]187847[/snapback]​

I saw Howie Day in a very very small venue a couple of months ago along with Lifehouse, both did an mostly acoustic set. Howie is a really nice guy and put on one heck of a show. The electronics that he uses to do a one man show were incredable ala Joe Jackson.

:cool: