• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What are you listening to?

grand cru no 2 said:
I mean, your talking about real rock music now. :thumbs:

oh, did somebody mention zeppelin?! :p

I've been spinning their first three albums quite a bit lately. always in-friggin'-credible.

"since I've been loving you" has been a particluar favorite.
(In addition to the unbelievable drum sound, I dig how you can actually hear bonham's kick-drum pedal squeaking. :))

Rush - Signals

Next in the changer is The Dead - Live from Red Rocks (summer 03)

then Tito Puente

then Maynard Ferguson

ree ree robusto said:
Okay, okay...I'll be honest. I've been on a Snoop Dogg kick. I saw them last night. It was Snoop Dogg and The Game. Nothing more to say...I plead the 5th. :cool:

Ree
[snapback]188067[/snapback]​

Dude, that's the shizzle!

:cool:

stevehawk said:
grand cru no 2 said:
coventrycat86 said:
THIN LIZZY

WoooooooHO!!

Which album? (yeah, yeah, don't bust my balls, back in the pre-CD days, they used to be called "albums" so STFU).

Black Rose is my favorite with Chinatown a close 2nd. ;) :thumbs:

The Grand Slam stuff is pretty good too!
[snapback]187697[/snapback]​

Vagabonds of the Western World and Jailbreak.

Great stuff. :thumbs:
[snapback]187709[/snapback]​

"Cowboy Song" is one of the best songs of all time! For you younger guys who've never listened to Thin Lizzy, you gotta give 'em a try.
[snapback]188068[/snapback]​

I love just about anything from these guys. :love: (I think I have every single studio album they ever put out) Jailbreak is probably the most popular album since it has a large number of the "popular" hits including "Cowboy Song" but I think Black Rose is their best. I was lucky enough to see the Chinatown tour in 1980, FRONT ROW BABY, I was so close to the band, I actually wound up catching a cold from Phil Lynott who was always sick back then since he did way too many drugs!! This was and always will be the best concert I've seen in my life. I've seen them twice in the last few years with John Sykes which is pretty good but it's not quite the same without Phil :(

As I mentioned, I've been listening to the "Grand Slam" stuff lately. That was a band that Phil Lynott formed in 1984 when Thin Lizzy broke up. "Black Rose" the title cut of said album is considered to be one of their best but ya gotta hear Grand Slam's "Sisters of Mercy" sometime. The more I listen to it, the more I love it!!

Oh yeah Grand Cru, Vagabonds of the Western World is very near to top of my list, lots of good ones "Whiskey in the Jar" "Randolf's Tango" :thumbs: :love:

listened to Bigger than Dallas! hell yes!

ree ree robusto said:
stevehawk said:
Have you ever heard the country version of "Sippin on gin and Juice"?  It's almost as good as the original.  It's fun to play them one after the other.  :thumbs:
[snapback]188069[/snapback]​

I've heard the re-make of gin and juice. I don't think it was country though. I believe Phish did it.

Ree
[snapback]188115[/snapback]​
Phish did it live and can be heard on bootlegs. Also there is a coutry version of it also.

Emo

All this talk about Thin Lizzy and Phil.
I had to break out Phil Lynott - Live In Sweden (1983)

Damn shame he didn't live forever

Maggs44 said:
Warren Zevon's greatest hits is in my car cd player.
[snapback]187633[/snapback]​

Ha HA....That's awesome!!! I used to have this disc...I wore it out like a mug!!!!

wicked stick said:
HEll I have be listening to flogging molley and dropkick murphy's and old mixs from 80's rip hop and rap mixed with some death angel and bolt thrower and primus and GUAR . wide specturm of music for me and Yes Enya water mark for the ride Home cool down with a nice smoke. :thumbs:
[snapback]188094[/snapback]​
you mean GWAR, right? they're very intesting live to say the least. as long as you don't mind being covered in fake blood and and other bodily fluids.

listened to boston's greatest hits on the way to work and jamming AIC - jar of flies

Drake said:
PSTAN said:
Currently, Mudvayne, Lost & Found.  Thank goodness for head phones because I really get to jamming at work.
[snapback]187579[/snapback]​
i wasn't too impressed with the new mudvayne. i loved the first one.

-System of a Down - Mezmerize
[snapback]187610[/snapback]​

Currently listening to the new SOD that just happend to land on my desk, via co-worker. All I can say is, this one freakin ROCKS!!!!!!!

PSTAN said:
Drake said:
PSTAN said:
Currently, Mudvayne, Lost & Found.  Thank goodness for head phones because I really get to jamming at work.

Currently listening to the new SOD that just happend to land on my desk, via co-worker. All I can say is, this one freakin ROCKS!!!!!!!
[snapback]188352[/snapback]​

Totally agree...

I was listening to this cd all day yesterday. :thumbs:

stevehawk said:
PSTAN said:
Drake said:
PSTAN said:

[snapback]188352[/snapback]​

Totally agree...

I was listening to this cd all day yesterday. :thumbs:
[snapback]188491[/snapback]​
i can't seem to take it out of my cd player. i haven't hooked up my mp3 player in my car since i've gotten this cd. i think it might be their best.

Captain Leafheart said:
golfgar said:
Captain Leafheart said:
golfgar said:
Found an old Judds CD rolling aroung in the car yesterday and have been listening to it for the past two days.  Bored with it now, back to Clapton and 10 Years After.
[snapback]187909[/snapback]​

Golfgar,
If you like Ten Years After, check out Alvin Lee In Tennessee.
Includes a great rockabilly version of.........

"I'm Goin" Home"!
Scotty Moore and D.J.Fontana guest on the disc as does my new bass hero Pete Pritchard. ;)
[snapback]188018[/snapback]​

I will check that out. Have you heard the Alvin Lee and Mylon Lefevre album?
[snapback]188065[/snapback]​

No I haven't. I bet it's good.
I did see Mylon in '71 on a great triple bill at the Fillmore East (Mountain, Mylon and T-Rex). Top ticket price was $6.00 or $7.00.
And Ten Years After was the first real rock concert I ever saw. That was in '69 when I was 13. It was in upstate NY and I think it was a warm up gig for them just before Woodstock.
[snapback]188087[/snapback]​

One of my first concerts was also 10 Years After. They were the big name act with, 3 other bands.....REO Speedwagon, Ted Nugent and Wild Turkey. We sat in the top row and since smoke rises, well, needless to say we sat very high. I think that was 1972.

Big fan of "Live and Dangerous" one of the best live albums of that era. Of Course they also covered "Whiskey in the Jar" in '72, 26 years before Metallica.

coventrycat86 said:
I love just about anything from these guys. :love: (I think I have every single studio album they ever put out) Jailbreak is probably the most popular album since it has a large number of the "popular" hits including "Cowboy Song" but I think Black Rose is their best. " :thumbs: :love:
[snapback]188212[/snapback]​

Rush - Signals

Next in the changer is The Dead - Live from Red Rocks (summer 03)

then Tito Puente

then Maynard Ferguson

Tito is good music. I had the luck to hear him live at the Blue Note in NYC before he passed. A great Julliard graduate on the piano, then he moved to other percussion. He did a lot for the NYC Latin scene in the 60s and 70s. :thumbs:

When I'm studying Jimi Hendrix solo's are the best. there no lyrics and they keep me focused. But I've been in a big rap phase lately. Mostly the classic stuff. Biggie and NWA.