• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2017)

IMG_2623.JPG

In 2012 we went to a beer festival in the neighboring town. DuClaw was one of the vendors there with a raspberry stout that I've never forgotten. When jfields asked me about my previous post (DuClaw 865cc) I wandered over to their website to find some stats about it, and while I was there I searched through their product line and found the Naked Fish that I had enjoyed at the festival years ago. I also found a beer locator on their website, and discovered a reseller that had Naked Fish in stock that was only an hour out of the way for the return home from Thanksgiving in Cleveland. They had 5 six packs remaining, and we bought them out. The beer has lost a little of its carbonation in the interim, but the flavors are still just as I remember. It was well worth the detour!

Last edited:
I had to buy some Celebration to stock the fridge.
a474si.jpg

Another spoil from the trek to Ohio. Similar to Sweet Baby Jesus that's readily available in Virginia, but with the addition of espresso. Dee-lish!
2017-11-26 17.10.41.jpg

John sent me this, it was a decent porter...didn't detect much of the chocolate:

20171128_184331.jpg

It's good, but personally I prefer regular Velvet Merlin. The coffee comes through loud and clear, but the body is a bit thinner and less roasty chocolate than I remember from VM.