• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2019)

Had a Trillium Tiramisu stout on Fathers Day. I love Tiramisu and I was a little disappointed that I held on to this for a year. Sweet, chocolate is about all I got from it. Was also a little thinner than I would have expected.

20190616_170320.jpg

20190616_170328.jpg

Had my last 2 Weldwerks stouts, while putting some new texture/color on the deck. The Fudgy Grahams was delicious!

View attachment 26685

And Fudgy Grahams:

View attachment 26686
You didn’t put that renew with the grit in it down did you?
I’ve been seeing where that stuff traps moisture between the product and decking boards. Then rot takes place fairly quickly. We started putting disclaimer/FYI statements in our reports because of it.
Harry Homeowner puts it down before putting his home on the market to make his deck look better. Deck might of looked “worn”, but no rot was found at the time of the inspection.

Fast forward 8 - 10 months and I’m getting several emails from past clients saying, “You inspected my home a year ago. We had a gathering and my friend fell through the deck and injured herself. What are you going to do about this?”

Even the renew without the grit will do it, just slower.

Last edited:
You didn’t put that renew with the grit in it down did you?
I’ve been seeing where that stuff traps moisture between the product and decking boards. Then rot takes place fairly quickly. We started putting disclaimer/FYI statements in our reports because of it.
Harry Homeowner puts it down before putting his home on the market to make his deck look better. Deck might of looked “worn”, but no rot was found at the time of the inspection.

Fast forward 8 - 10 months and I’m getting several emails from past clients saying, “You inspected my home a year ago. We had a gathering and my friend fell through the deck and injured herself. What are you going to do about this?”

Even the renew without the grit will do it, just slower.
View attachment 26688

I've done my due diligence, anytime I restain the deck. I always replace any warped or cracked boards. Any with rot, gets replaced too. Whenever I redo these, I sand/scrap and power wash the previous off the boards, then it gets 2 coats.

I'm pretty sure it's going to last a few years :) I think when people use it to cover up issues, instead of fixing those issues, is where the problem arises.

Blue moon is usually our go to but it’s a tad bit sweet for me. This hit the freakin spot. Not so sweet and you can taste the orange peel. Delicious! Wife stole a bit from me too. 604F10F6-CF5B-4407-8C52-66AEC2864592.jpeg