• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2019)

Had the pleasure of splitting this beer with a great friend of mine. I’ve been on the hunt for it for quite sometime, and let me tell you, it totally lived up to the hype

13F056A9-4A49-4B41-89B0-274B9497ED46.jpeg

Were you asking me or Holmes? If you were asking me, I just have a hard time getting past that yeasty taste (similar to certain Hefeweizens) as for the tart, I’m a huge fan of lambics. I think that’s the only tart Belgian I’ve ever had
I was asking you because I wasn't sure if you knew it was a tart beer.

I have a hard time with those. IMO, way closer to a barleywine than an IPA.
It had a full body similar to barelywine, but didn’t have as much residual sweetness. I don’t think this is a beer I’d drink every day, but I was so thankful for the opportunity. I’ve been after it since Brew Masters was on Netflix like 10 years ago back when I was really into home brewing.

edit to fix spelling

Was up north in central CA over the weekend and stopped by Firestone Walker Barrelworks. Had two pints of Coconut Merlin and a pour of "Helluva Brulee", which was a double rum barrel aged blonde barleywine. The nose on it was amazing. It smelled far more like liquor than beer.

Also had some FW Double Jack at the hotel bar. They wouldn't do a 20oz pour for that one though.

Was up north in central CA over the weekend and stopped by Firestone Walker Barrelworks. Had two pints of Coconut Merlin and a pour of "Helluva Brulee", which was a double rum barrel aged blonde barleywine. The nose on it was amazing. It smelled far more like liquor than beer.

Also had some FW Double Jack at the hotel bar. They wouldn't do a 20oz pour for that one though.

That's a brewery I wish we'd get distro.

Found some random BCBS on shelves around town. Didn't find any of the variants, so if anyone finds a few, let me know!

View attachment 28830
My local had this tonight, but I didn’t walk out with any.

Bourbon County Mon Chéri Stout

“Mon Chéri,” or “my darling” in French, is a love letter from our brewer Quinn to his wife, an avid lover of all things cherry. Mon Chéri is made with Balaton and Montmorency cherries, oats, and a dash of brown sugar. The interplay of these ingredients creates aromas of amaretto and almond. With each sip you’ll instantly be reminded of cherry cobbler. Mon Chéri has a silky, velvety finish thanks to the addition of oats to the beer

My local had this tonight, but I didn’t walk out with any.

Bourbon County Mon Chéri Stout

“Mon Chéri,” or “my darling” in French, is a love letter from our brewer Quinn to his wife, an avid lover of all things cherry. Mon Chéri is made with Balaton and Montmorency cherries, oats, and a dash of brown sugar. The interplay of these ingredients creates aromas of amaretto and almond. With each sip you’ll instantly be reminded of cherry cobbler. Mon Chéri has a silky, velvety finish thanks to the addition of oats to the beer

I found one variant in town and it was that same one John. I grabbed it, but haven't had it yet.