• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2019)

First up is Day 9 of my homemade Advent Beer Calendar. I didn’t take pictures of the prior 8 but it was all Craft and a lot of Serra Nevada, Devils Back Bone and Southern Tier. C62EED58-B0BA-4622-97AC-711097A60D5A.jpeg
then because I was in the mood for beer, I had this:
C0713FAF-A43E-4201-A14B-3778ACD3B1D4.jpeg

Catching up on some recent brews:

50/50 Eclipse Imperial Stout

Anchor Merry Christmas Ale 2019

Hoppin' Frog Cafe Boris The Crusher. @jfields asked to drink one of the beers he was generous enough to send my way. John, you mentioned Hoppin Frog Christmas beer, however there was this Hoppin Frog beer, and a Hardywood Christmas beer in the package. I wasn't sure which one you meant, but I assumed the Hardywood. I meant to have that one the other night but I ran out of time. This one was quite good. Robust, deep, dark roasted malts, cocoa, coffee, and a viscous oaty body.

Aslin Cocoa Mapalm. As I said I ran out of time and didn't want to commit to a full 750ml, so I chose something a tad smaller. This one was awesome. Big, bold flavors of dark roasty malts, cocoa, and subtle maple sweetness. Loved this one! Thanks again!

I'll get to that Hardywood Christmas one soon!

Catching up on some recent brews:

50/50 Eclipse Imperial Stout

Anchor Merry Christmas Ale 2019

Hoppin' Frog Cafe Boris The Crusher. @jfields asked to drink one of the beers he was generous enough to send my way. John, you mentioned Hoppin Frog Christmas beer, however there was this Hoppin Frog beer, and a Hardywood Christmas beer in the package. I wasn't sure which one you meant, but I assumed the Hardywood. I meant to have that one the other night but I ran out of time. This one was quite good. Robust, deep, dark roasted malts, cocoa, coffee, and a viscous oaty body.

Aslin Cocoa Mapalm. As I said I ran out of time and didn't want to commit to a full 750ml, so I chose something a tad smaller. This one was awesome. Big, bold flavors of dark roasty malts, cocoa, and subtle maple sweetness. Loved this one! Thanks again!

I'll get to that Hardywood Christmas one soon!

Actually the GBS is one, but I was speaking of this one. https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/14879/313918/

Might be good to do both side by side when you’re in the Christmas Spirit. 😉

ETA: They are not as deep and full of the backstrap molasses as the other stouts, but the myriad of flavors is what I love about them. Like Christmas in a bottle.

Last edited:
A favorite from Hardywood! “None Of This Makes Sense” NEIPA goes so damn good with these oysters I bought at the farmers market this morning. It compliments everything from the briney oysters themselves29090, to the fresh squeezed lemon juice. 😎

John I had this one over the weekend. Very unique! The aroma caught my attention. I can't think of another beer where the cinnamon aroma came through so loud and clear. I really enjoyed this one and reminded me of having a chocolate covered graham cracker that was dipped in liquor, or having Cinnamon Toast Crunch soaked in stout. Thanks, this one was a treat!

Got jealous of all you bastards and your fancy tulip glasses, so my in-laws were kind enough to get me a set 🤣

84CE9B67-DD33-403A-8A26-C9D7F418CBD0.jpeg

John I had this one over the weekend. Very unique! The aroma caught my attention. I can't think of another beer where the cinnamon aroma came through so loud and clear. I really enjoyed this one and reminded me of having a chocolate covered graham cracker that was dipped in liquor, or having Cinnamon Toast Crunch soaked in stout. Thanks, this one was a treat!
It is a great beer is it not!

Had 2 over the last week.

Prairie Vanilla Noir, always a great vanilla stout:

20191225_192011.jpg

Coffee Abraxas. First time having the coffee variant and it didn't disappoint. It has the classic Abraxas chiles, chocolate and cinnamon, with a great coffee punch.

20191226_214616.jpg