• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2020)

Thoughts about that one?

Sorry, just saw this.

Chocolate.....chocolate bomb is what it should be called. Well, at least that's what I was picking up when I had it. I rarely drink more than 3 beers in an evening. When I do have a beer, I ensure it's something nice. This was my first and only beer that evening. My honest assessment is that it was very solid, but fell short on the bourbon profile...which I was hoping to grab. All I could get was chocolate and vanilla. I would not put it in the leagues of KBS or Bourbon County. Enjoyed it for sure, and had no regrets. But admittedly I measured it against those two and it fell short.

Thanks for the beer though! I think about every beer I currently own came from your stock!

Sorry, just saw this.

Chocolate.....chocolate bomb is what it should be called. Well, at least that's what I was picking up when I had it. I rarely drink more than 3 beers in an evening. When I do have a beer, I ensure it's something nice. This was my first and only beer that evening. My honest assessment is that it was very solid, but fell short on the bourbon profile...which I was hoping to grab. All I could get was chocolate and vanilla. I would not put it in the leagues of KBS or Bourbon County. Enjoyed it for sure, and had no regrets. But admittedly I measured it against those two and it fell short.

Thanks for the beer though! I think about every beer I currently own came from your stock!

Yeah, you're right. It's fallen short each year, from the original release. I think in order for the new owners to get these cranked out, it's staying less in the barrels, as when Chase owned Prairie. It was originally just a brewery release and as the years have gone on, it sits longer and longer on the shelves, which is a testament to other breweries stepping up their BA game. Plus there are cheaper beers out there, but also a lot of the guys that sought out and bought these, are now transitioning to bourbon. I love BCBS (and KBS for that matter) and it's one that I buy a bottle to keep for a vertical, but also buy bottles to drink. But it's also starting to sit on shelves longer and longer, at least around here. It reminds me of the early days of Opus and Anejo. You couldn't find any on shelves and when you did, it was a 1-2 limit each.

You've got my beer, I have your rum. I think it's a good partnership, LOL.

Yeah, you're right. It's fallen short each year, from the original release. I think in order for the new owners to get these cranked out, it's staying less in the barrels, as when Chase owned Prairie. It was originally just a brewery release and as the years have gone on, it sits longer and longer on the shelves, which is a testament to other breweries stepping up their BA game. Plus there are cheaper beers out there, but also a lot of the guys that sought out and bought these, are now transitioning to bourbon. I love BCBS (and KBS for that matter) and it's one that I buy a bottle to keep for a vertical, but also buy bottles to drink. But it's also starting to sit on shelves longer and longer, at least around here. It reminds me of the early days of Opus and Anejo. You couldn't find any on shelves and when you did, it was a 1-2 limit each.

You've got my beer, I have your rum. I think it's a good partnership, LOL.

Funny you make Opus/Anejo reference. I was thinking the exact same thing a few days ago when I was in my local liquor store. It used to be that when I saw KBS on the shelf I had to grab it, because I may not see it again the rest of the year. It was a must buy simply because it was available....similar to how Opus/Anejo was. Just the other day in the store, I saw well over 10 4packs of KBS just sitting there...and I passed them by because I have enough to keep me happy.

Maybe there is something to this idea of keeping the supply low so the demand is high. Maybe your mind tricks you into thinking something is better than it actually is, simply because you treasure having found it. A lot.....a....lot, of bourbons follow this train of thought. Which is why it's dangerous to get into the bourbon game without knowing what you're doing. It's super easy to drop $150 on a bottle of bourbon that has no right being priced over $40. But people will pay it because they think price means taste.

Anyway, sort of a rant there.

I had a Cerveza Delray from Brew Detroit. Don’t have any pics to share, but it was a nice mexican lager. Never heard of it before, nor even the company, but it was decent. I’m really not a beer guy, but when I do, I try to find something unique and different if I can. If I can’t, then a miller light will do lol!

I hope you shared that EVOO. I really like that No Rules, a little sweet. How was that berry BCBS? I won't ask about the FO, I already know the answer!
Definitely shared everything...my liver isn’t what it used to be. The EVOO has definitely dropped off though...barely taste any olives or barrel 😂.
The berry BCBS is alright, it’s an interesting change but I don’t think it’s worth the 2.5x price point versus normal BCBS.
The No Rules was amazing...I was really sad to finish the bottle. I’m definitely gonna be on the hunt for some more. Thanks for the bottle Brandon!